my DIY HH clone(recycled poly)
    Tarp
    1.1 oz silny DIY
    Insulation
    Cstm 1/2 UQ
    Suspension
    DIY recycled

My first attempt at a DIY Hennessy Hammock

This is my attempt at a HH clone using 100% recycled polyester fabric(recycled plastic bottles) to make the hammock and incorporate as much recycled material as possible. So far I have a Hammock, Suspension, and Ridgeline and everything but the thread is recycled.

I plan on adding a tarp and sewing a bug net with a zipper on this whenever I get the materials in. Please let me know what you think and any advice would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    Awesome that you took the time to throw in the decorative stitch. Looks right on that material and color somehow. Post some pics of the bugnet. Always fun to sew on the bugnet.

Also, you look like you are suspicious of something in that photo... "do I like what I am seeing?...I'm not sure..."
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    Tarp
    1.1 oz silny DIY
    Insulation
    Cstm 1/2 UQ
    Suspension
    DIY recycled

Suspension Update

So, the first thing I have decided to change was the suspension. I saw something similar to the ENO Slap Strap where you wrap the strap around the tree and have the option of hooking a caribiner to one of many attachment points on the strap. My straps have 7 attachment points on each strap and work amazingly.

The straps are made of recycled polyester ~11 oz folded so there are 4 layers and the seams are on the inside. the attachment points are 3/4" nylon webbing and here are some pictures.

This setup is drastically easier to put up and also drastically easier to adjust compared to the knot system I was using before.

Hammock
    Tarp
    1.1 oz silny DIY
    Insulation
    Cstm 1/2 UQ
    Suspension
    DIY recycled
    Thanks for the comments hippo. as for the pic of me, I was trying to not have the look at me, I look cool face(even though I don't). I obviously failed at that pretty bad lol. I'll post some bug net pics as soon as I get that finished. I'll probably have the tarp material and the tarp finished before I get the bug net material. Finding zippers is quite a pain because I want it completely detachable.

Hammock
    Tarp
    1.1 oz silny DIY
    Insulation
    Cstm 1/2 UQ
    Suspension
    DIY recycled

New Updates- Bug Net, Tarp, and Underquilt

Well I decided to go with an elastic bug net that I can pull down from both sides, it's not detachable at all and I stole the Idea from another HF member, can't remember who it was right now. There is shock cord in the channels of the bug net on each side, one pulls up towards the ridgeline and the other side pulls over the ridgeline to meet the gap. It's not 100% sealed and if you sit wrong in the hammock it can open up, but I love that I can access either side at any time without zippers or getting out.

The Underquilt is made by cutting a very light comforter in half lengthwise, think hotdog. I then folded it in half and sewed the two sides so it is enclosed on three sides. It is hung on a channel system on the sides and then ends have a channel for tensioning. I haven't tried it yet but I should be able to stuff a large amount of leaves or natural insulation in it if needed. Right now the UQ is about 2lbs with attachments and all. I have tested it down to about 40 degrees and that's the point where comfort became questionable. I know it is heavy, this is not my biggest motivation, I'm one of those hippies and I made it from something that I can call recycled, lol.

I have also made my tarp and I am very happy with it. It's dimensions are 12' by 10' 1.1oz silnylon with 8 tie outs, one on each corner and midpoint and I have been very happy with it so far even though I haven't seen any rain, it has worked great for wind protection.

I'm thinking about making some snakeskins for the tarp and hammock next, however I'm still in the planning process, maybe no-see-um for the tarp snakeskins, I saw a post on that earlier. Please give me any feedback you think I will appreciate, I would love to hear all of your thoughts on my work, good or bad.

• + New Posts