Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook

A Couple's first hang

My wife, Creek-it (pronuonced cricket)and I have been hiking and camping together for years. We had always carried and slept in tents. Well this past year I met Dutch and when he told me of the world of Hammocks I was hooked (Dutch Hooked) . It took some time and work but I finally aquired enough Dutch gear to have two complete setups. When I got the second hammock I hung it out back of our home and she laid in it for the first time. She feel alseep that afternoon and said she slept great. It became Creek-it's from then on.

The next weekend we took all our new gear to Micheaux State forest for a 8 mile hike and set-up at an established camping area between the Quarry Gap and Birch Run Shelters. She wanted trees in a "V" so we could sleep next to each other. It took some creativity but with Dutch Clips and Dutch Biners plus some Dutch made whoopie slings and webing I made it work. I hung the two traps over each other with the help of some Tarp Flyz and Dutch Hooks (those things are so amzingly easy to use, and so light ).

We always take our min-pin, Titus with us. He will even trail run with me, if I don't go over 5-8 miles. Of course he had to sit on my sleeping pad and blanket. He slept with Creek-it, her bug-net zips on and keeps him secure at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts