Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Figure 9 on Clark Rain Fly

Just wondering how you guys/gals are or would use a figure 9 on the Clark rain fly. The strings on the fly are really thin, I'm wondering it they are to small for a figure 9 also would it work best to go with the standard figure 9 or to get the figure 9 that has the carabiner on it.. Sorry I suck at knots and this looks way easier. any help or advice is great.. thank,

After looking at the different figure 9's the original design would make more sence i think. I was considering hooking the carabiner to the plastic on the tarp but that would require your lines to return all the way back to the tarp.. Hmmmm

It says the small fits..(Fits braided rope 1/16 in. (2mm) - 3/16 in. (5mm) not sure what size the line is on the clark flys.. might need to visit their website I guess. Brb

Or what about the KnotBone they have? Man lots of ideas out there ! It says the knotbone holds 25 pounds the figure 9 holds 50. Not sure how many pounds you can put on one of the tarps, anyone know??

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I've replaced all the stock lines on my clark. Kelty triptease with self tensioning bungees for the guylines and knotbones on the tarp ridgelines. Check out arrowhead equipment, that's where I got my ridgelines, the knotbone is way easy to use and the prussics let you adjust everything from under your tarp. Very handy when its pouring rain and you wanna go from porch mode to storm mode.

Intresting, Im at work and will try to check all that out asap. some of this stuff is hard to grasp being a beginner without seeing it.

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    On my Clark I use the ropes that came with it and just use a simple timber hitch on the head and foot end. If you pull tight, it will pull the seams apart where it hooks to the hammock on the foot end, or at least it did with me.

How well do the knotbones hold up when you have a tight line? I figure they would be strong enough but the figure 9's hold more and are metal. Just getting a mental picture of what all you guys have done.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Please try knotbones.

because.....

I have just ordered 8 to use with the same line.

Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Please try knotbones.

because.....

I have just ordered 8 to use with the same line.

Think they will work well? If so I will also order 8. Heading on a trip soon so need to get all my gear etc together pretty quick. thats not the bungie knot bones right just the plain knot bones?

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You might want to try the Line Loks in the HF store. They have a mini version also. I'd probably throw a half hitch in it also. PM me if you need to learn a half hitch.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -- Al Capone

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast