Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I think the Explorer is made in China. We have two of them. Been using them for almost 4 years now. There is very little noticeable wear on them, and they get used a lot, 30 to 60+ times a year.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll pitch in my two cents as well - a lot of it depends on what you want to get out of the hammock as well.

If you're looking for turnkey, the Hennessy is really a "system" that is pretty well tested. Combine the full system (hammock, snakeskins, tarp) with the SuperShelter, and you're pretty much done for camping most of the year, at a pretty reasonable cost. I wouldn't be too worried about the tarp - I've been through some tough thunderstorms with no real issues at all. The tarp seems like it's too small, but I never get wet.

thejennabird does a pretty good job comparing options, with the exception of the zipper entrance - you'll find that the HH is available with both the bottom entrance (which I have) and the side entrance (which many prefer).

If you're looking for comfort, everything that I hear anecdotally is that the footbox on the WBBB solves the leg length issue. You'll have to spend a little more time and money putting everything else together, however, but perhaps that's the fun of it, and for many of us it is.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincoupal View Post
    I'll pitch in my two cents as well - a lot of it depends on what you want to get out of the hammock as well.

If you're looking for turnkey, the Hennessy is really a "system" that is pretty well tested. Combine the full system (hammock, snakeskins, tarp) with the SuperShelter, and you're pretty much done for camping most of the year, at a pretty reasonable cost. I wouldn't be too worried about the tarp - I've been through some tough thunderstorms with no real issues at all. The tarp seems like it's too small, but I never get wet.

thejennabird does a pretty good job comparing options, with the exception of the zipper entrance - you'll find that the HH is available with both the bottom entrance (which I have) and the side entrance (which many prefer).

If you're looking for comfort, everything that I hear anecdotally is that the footbox on the WBBB solves the leg length issue. You'll have to spend a little more time and money putting everything else together, however, but perhaps that's the fun of it, and for many of us it is.
    Oh my goodness I just realized that I replied without checking first - there are already 11 pages of posts to this thread! My apologies for that!

Yup, lot of answers here. I have both, like both though not a lot of experience. Taking the BB on my AT thru hike because it is a little lighter. I need more experience but I slept fine in the HH, BB just had a few things I wanted for a long hike.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112