Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

A.T. Williamstown-->Chershire, MA

My friend Yukon and I did our first hike together this weekend. We hiked the A.T. from Williamstown, MA to Cheshire, MA...a 14 mile hike over two days. On Saturday morning we started our hike in Williamstown just off of Pattison Rd. We hiked south to a fork in the trail will a great scenic overlook of Williamstown. Then we kept hiking on the AT over Mt. Williams, then Mt. Fitch, & then over Mt. Greylock. We were awarded many great views from the summit of Mt. Greylock as well as plentiful water to restock both ourselves and my tired and thirsty canine companions Hunter & Nelson.After a short break we continued on over Saddle Ball Mountain to the Mark Noepel Shelter were we had a relaxing hang for the night. We set up our WBBB & Superflys and settled in to make dinner, while our canine companionship promptly curled up under the tarp for a much deserved rest. We met several thru hikers and a plethora of day hikers on our trip. At the shelter the score was 4:2 hammocks to tents. We are starting to take over! Whoo Buddy! On Sunday morning, after a great nights sleep, some coffee, & breakfast, we packed up our things and continued the last 3 or 4 miles into Cheshire where we had a car waiting to take us back home. It was a great weekend spent on the trail in the piney woods and I can't wait to get back out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raiffnuke; 07-18-2011 at 14:22.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Sound like a great trip thanks for posting.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    It was indeed a great trip! Nice hiking and even better hanging

I have some more photos that I will try to get up today, some on the phone and some on the camera. It was a pretty cool looking site having two Blackbirds and two Digi camo superfly's set up next to eachother...whoooo buddy!

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Great report!

The Jack's and I are supposed to do the MA section in early October (still trying to figure out resupply and shuttle logistics)
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    HH Exped. Asym
    Tarp
    OES
    Suspension
    Dutch Biner
    Greylocks one of my favorite local spots to hike! Glad the trip went well.
    Trailname - Knox
    LT10

My Weight Sheet

• + New Posts