Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dphammockgear.com creativity continues ...

FYI: We are now offering our newest hammock design.

The dp "ultimate" hammock. So many features, you'll need to see and read about on our website.

Thank you for helping www.dphammockgear.com to continue to grow ''dp Gear Crew'' members.

dp Dave
    Reliable, light, and low cost gear
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Waterproof? Don't you sweat like a pig and then wake up in a puddle? You may wanna get some better pictures of it up on your site, the one you have doesn't really show much in my opinion. Also, why wouldn't I or somebody else spend the extra $35 to get a WBB or other deluxe hammock? I'm not saying this to be rude, just interested in what your thoughts are. Thanks
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Is the idea of this hammock to sleep with one spreader bar across the top of the hammock. If so how do you prevent from puncturing the hammock. Or do you only have a top spreader bar to show the width of the hammock?
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    The stick is just used to open up the hammock for the picture. He makes a joke about the stick not included.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblcorona View Post
    The stick is just used to open up the hammock for the picture. He makes a joke about the stick not included.
    thanks Dblcorona, thats what I figured but was curious none the less.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dphammockgear's NEWEST hammock ...

Whew, I'm happy those of you who found this thread and took a look at the www.dphammockgear.com hammock pictures realized the spreader "sticks" were not spreader "bars" and were used as a photography prop.

Note: we are still working on creating You-Tube videos for each product. Sorry it's taking so long. Learning as we go with technology ...

Question about "sweating" with our waterproof dp "ultimate" hammock that can double as a poncho wrap ...

There are so many technical factors involved with vapor barriers and moisture accumulation, I'm not sure where to begin ...

So to answer the moisture accumulation question, yes there can be moisture accumulation, but in our testing "none" arose.

Maybe some of the HF's vapor barrier engineers can share just how and when moisture accumulation occurs?

I'd like to share with you ... this hammock being able to double as rain protection has strong benefits. PLUS, this is the most comfortable hammock dp Dave has EVER experienced. Our Triastic, non-stretch fabric, allows one to experience one of the most unique hammock lays ever.

I'm sure those of you who have created a Cuben fabric hammock, a Cuben fabric hammock would have similar features and benefits. Our Triastic fabric creates some of Cuben's qualities but at a MUCH lesser price. And to be fair to Cuben, Cuben fabric is lighter.

There was also the question of price ... our Triastic, waterproof, non-stretch fabric is more expensive than stretchy silnylon or DWR nylon fabrics. Plus, this dp "ultimate" model hammock is a double layer design that helps create it's features and benefits.

I hope that answers the price question? And again, a hammock that can double as rain gear with one of the most unique lays we have ever experienced, we feel, does justify its price ...

Thanks again to all the dp Crew Members who are enjoying RELIABLE, LIGHT-WEIGHT, and LOW-COST www.dphammockgear.com gear.

dp Dave

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Very interesting products you have there, Dave. I agree about vapor barrier hammocks being usable, but they are definitely not entry-level hammocks. It takes a lot of knowledge not to swim in one.
    My real question though, is what is this "Triastic, waterproof, non-stretch fabric"? Google says your site is the only place it's used in that context, which leaves me wondering still. Is it nylon? polyester? rayon? PU coated? Sil coated or impregnated? Urethane?

Curious,
    PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com
    PF wrote:

Very interesting products you have there, Dave.

I agree about vapor barrier hammocks being usable, but they are definitely not entry-level hammocks. It takes a lot of knowledge not to swim in one.

My real question though, is what is this "Triastic, waterproof, non-stretch fabric"? Google says your site is the only place it's used in that context, which leaves me wondering still. Is it nylon? polyester? rayon? PU coated? Sil coated or impregnated? Urethane?

Curious,
    PF

PF, Thank you for your question and comments.

We agree, vapor barriers are tricky, but we feel they are most valuable when one is trying to keep gear weight to a minimum.

Triastic fabric? We have house named a fabric we have discovered. One of a business' expense is locating suppliers that offer quality, reliability, and value. Much money is spent locating fabrics that have high quality while still allowing the mfgr to offer low retail prices.

OR,

One can just use what is considered the standards. ie: Cuben to silnylons. Both of these fabrics offer features for their price structure.

dp has chosen to attempt to offer RELIABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT, and LOW COST products. Something that most companies do not do. Because ... it is difficult and expensive research.

We feel our product offering reflects our focus.

That said, our Triastic fabric is an almost impregnated, but classified as coated, woven, very low stretch polyester.

Thanks again for your interest in www.dphammockgear.com products.

dp Dave

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblcorona View Post
    Ok, I'm not trying to be an a** here but it's really hard to have any kind of trust in a product when we really don't know what that product is.

I have no problem with you not divulging where you are sourcing a product from but to come up with these "house" names really sounds kind of suspect. I mean if I where to buy this hammock and it turns out to be a double layer of Tyvek, I would feel seriously cheated.

I am just saying you would probably help not hurt your business by being a little more up front about the products.

If this post is out of line, please let me know and I will take it down.
    Not out of line, but not great either, IMO, because it doesn't add anything to the discussion. I feel that dp has finally done the right thing by supplying the following:
    We have house named a fabric we have discovered. ...our Triastic fabric is an almost impregnated, but classified as coated, woven, very low stretch polyester.
    I also feel that he should have limited his post to just what I've quoted.

Other vendors have used the same practice on occasion. I believe Thru-Hiker's "Momentum 90" is an example.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    That's fine, i'll remove the post. Just some frustration on the inability to know what is being used.

I believe Thru-Hiker's "Momentum 90" is an example.
    I believe it is sourced through Momentum Textiles. I could be wrong.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast