Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
Just an update, the Marion county sheriff's office called me yesterday, the lieutenant there wanted to let me know that they went to the house that the owner of the vehicle they found at St. Pat's Trailhead, was registered to. The man invited the detective in, and the detective saw several rifles, along with semi to full auto kits. He arrested the man after he showed the detective an AK-47 with the kit installed. Not very smart. I gotta go today and identify him as one of the people at the pond.
Stupid is as stupid does I guess. Please seek to have additional charges of reckless endangerment or something.

It's kind of odd I guess that I am an excellent marksman who usually qualified expert when shooting rifles in the military, always qualified first round with the handgun and yet I never consider taking a gun with me into the woods. I've never entertained the idea that a gun is what makes you safe. Awareness of your surroundings and a clear thought process will serve you better than a gun nearly every time.

On a side note- I'm really glad you got out of there safely LilRicky.