WB BB 1.1 SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* set
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    taken from the kickstarter page, it lists:
    Dimensions: 5'7" x 10' (170cm x 300cm) - ...its so comfortable & roomy!
    Max Weight: 500 pounds - ...our attorneys make us put that
    Weight: about 20oz (with carabiners & all compressed)
    Compressed Size: roughly the size of an angry blowfish (a little larger than a softball)

whist I'm posting again I may as well post another question for Joel, due to the excellent kickstarter results so far is the production/shipping likely to start before september?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I'm sold. I give to charities and good causes and never get a hammock out of it. I love to see people mix business with being good stewards to his fellow men. There is enough greed and bad in the world, when I see someone doing the opposite I gladly throw them my money.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    I wasn't offended, BER, just not real happy with the negative direction the thread was headed. I'm glad to see it turn around.

Setting the big marketing push aside, I just think it might be prudent to reserve judgement until actual products have been reviewed.
    not sure what you have been reading but there hasn't been anything negative IMO. It has been people stating their opinions. It may not be what folks want to hear but other folks may agree with them...just sayin
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    not sure what you have been reading but there hasn't been anything negative IMO. It has been people stating their opinions. It may not be what folks want to hear but other folks may agree with them...just sayin
    You are absolutely right, and I'm glad it seems to be turning out that way.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Segiy View Post
    taken from the kickstarter page, it lists:
    Dimensions: 5'7" x 10' (170cm x 300cm) - ...its so comfortable & roomy!
    Max Weight: 500 pounds - ...our attorneys make us put that
    Weight: about 20oz (with carabiners & all compressed)
    Compressed Size: roughly the size of an angry blowfish (a little larger than a softball)
    Thanks for those specs. Well, I know this is a single, but this is a pretty big hammock seems to me. 1st, 10 ft long is good, but that could be for single, double or triple. But 67" wide seems extra wide for a single to me. My Claytor is only 48" wide at the other extreme. The Explorer/DJ is listed as 56" wide diagonal, but WBBB listed at 65 wide.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Just for comparison, the ENO single nest is listed at 55" wide, and the double nest is 80" wide (measurements taken from ENO website). The Kammock is hammock and a half!?! Joke-- Haha.
    People tend to want more room... I've heard, "This hammock is too small", but never, "I wish I didn't have so much room". When in the kammok, the stuff sack is in the middle. You can actually flap one side of the kammok completely over you if you put something heavy in the pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Thanks for those specs. Well, I know this is a single, but this is a pretty big hammock seems to me. 1st, 10 ft long is good, but that could be for single, double or triple. But 67" wide seems extra wide for a single to me. My Claytor is only 48" wide at the other extreme. The Explorer/DJ is listed as 56" wide diagonal, but WBBB listed at 65 wide.
    Just for comparison, the ENO single nest is listed at 55" wide, and the double nest is 80" wide (measurements taken from ENO website). The Kammock is hammock and a half!?! Joke-- Haha.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So Joel, the $50/$68 to Hammock Forum members... Sounds like a great idea and I'd buy in (even though I already have 7 hammocks). Will that include the two carabiners?

I'd suggest that you go to the"Group Buy" page to organize it and kick it off. You could put a description & an expected delivery date; maybe a link to a site at your company for paypal and a shipping address.

Once your product gets out to the forum members, you'll likely get a lot more word of mouth & google hits...

You might get a lot more buy-ins if you could arrange with the Hammock Forums to somehow include the HFs logo?
    Last edited by Boomer; 07-20-2011 at 16:53.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I appreciate all of your interest, however, we have decided that we will not be doing any additional discounts after Kickstarter. We desire to have the most innovative products in the hammock camping industry and they will be priced accordingly.

The main reason we have priced our products where we have is because of our mission. Lowering our prices will not give us the opportunity for giving that we desire.

Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    So Joel, the $50/$68 to Hammock Forum members... Sounds like a great idea and I'd buy in (even though I already have 7 hammocks). Will that include the two carabiners?

I'd suggest that you go to the"Group Buy" page to organize it and kick it off. You could put a description & an expected delivery date; maybe a link to a site at your company for paypal and a shipping address.

Once your product gets out to the forum members, you'll likely get a lot more word of mouth & google hits...

You might get a lot more buy-ins if you could arrange with the Hammock Forums to somehow include the HFs logo?

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Wow, I finally reached the end of this amazing thread! I think I lost 30 minutes of work out of this

Super-cool fabric on the Kammock! I can't wait to see the camping version (bug net, lightweight, tarp, etc.). It sounds like you're headed in that direction. Very cool.

If I were marketing this (and speaking as a marketer), I would make a bigger deal about durability, wear, puncture resistance, etc. of the fabric. I think what this crowd is missing is specific differentiators in the high-quality fabric, etc. Even getting more details out of the strap -- you've given us more here than is in your regular marketing materials and I think it would go a long way to help sell the price.

Of course, I also must say that getting all feedback and opinions at this stage of the game is worth thousands in free market research. I think anyone considering entering the hammock camping community could get some amazing advice here to see where the trends are going.

I think the price point is fair considering their target demographic and market. For me, I'll hold out to see a lightweight model with the trappings of a bonafide camping hammock.

You know what I'd love to see? A hammock with a breathable, water"proof" shell (ala GORTEX, eVent, etc.) constructed as a bivvy with no need for a separate rain fly and accommodation for insulation (maybe a pocket system like the Clark Jungle Hammock), all for under 20 oz. I'd pay for that!

Best of luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast