Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I have to say that I am honestly surprised by responses about the price.

Let me clarify the $85 package. It includes:
    Kammok Roo (hammock)
    Python Straps (suspension straps with 18 connecting loops)
    2 Aluminum Wiregate Carabiners
    Water resistant compression sack that covers the standard pouch
    800ml water bottle from Miir
    AND Shipping within the continental US

You are correct that the netting is an accessory that we will be adding to our product line later. But, even without the netting, I feel that this price is very competitive even if you ignored the fact that our products are superior to similar offerings.

I appreciate all of the input. You have made great points. Keep the conversation going!

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Also, at retail:

Kammok Roo (one person kammok)
    Water resistant compression sack
    2 Wiregate Carabiners
    Total: $79.95

Python Straps
    Total: $29.95

Water Bottle $25

Decal $5

These are the current MSRP prices as of July 2011. They may slightly change still.

The discount to reach $85 was:
    $79.95+$29.95+$25+$5=$140

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Let me make a suggestion for you real quick. Don't sell your suspension seperate from the hammock. That is going to very likely upset many people who order one of your hammocks and recieve it only to find out that they have a gathered end tapestry until they spend another $30 for the suspension to use as a hammock.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    sorry joel but i dont think ill be purchasing the python straps for $30, they look really nice but that is a bit steep, as someone else said you can get straps from one of the venders on her at about $10. to add my eno pronest also came with wire gate caribiners and a attached stuff sack, plus its kinda odd that you advertise the biners as almost an extra when they kinda make the hammock... well a hammock.

eno hammocks aside i also made my diy ripstop nylon hammock at a price of $15.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I really only want the hammock. All of the other stuff I do not need or want to be honest. It would be a waste for me because the extras would simply not get used. I already have various suspensions, biners and water bottles.

If you had an introductory price for just the hammock, you'd probably get a lot of members here ordering the Roo if for no other reason than just to check out the LunarWave fabric.

I'll be looking out for Shug's review but unless the hammock by itself is somehow made available then I think I'll pass for now. Good luck in your venture.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    It's simply a matter of quality. Different people want different levels. I assure you that any straps you buy from someone for $10 were no manufactured by the leading rock climbing harness manufacturer. Our's were.

I listed the carabiners separately, because some manufacturers do not include them i.e. Trek Light.

I can't speak for your diy hammock, but I know that our's are virtually indestructible. I would be interested to see your hammock. Have you posted pictures on HF?

Quote Originally Posted by yooz85 View Post
    sorry joel but i dont think ill be purchasing the python straps for $30, they look really nice but that is a bit steep, as someone else said you can get straps from one of the venders on her at about $10. to add my eno pronest also came with wire gate caribiners and a attached stuff sack, plus its kinda odd that you advertise the biners as almost an extra when they kinda make the hammock... well a hammock.

eno hammocks aside i also made my diy ripstop nylon hammock at a price of $15.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    That's a good point. The people on HF are unlike the rest of the world though. We knew that the people new to hammock camping would have no idea how to hang it, so we knew that we needed to include our python straps.

Maybe we could do a separate promotion to HF that discounts our products similar to Kickstarter, but allows you to purchase individual components... I'll get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I really only want the hammock. All of the other stuff I do not need or want to be honest. It would be a waste for me because the extras would simply not get used. I already have various suspensions, biners and water bottles.

If you had an introductory price for just the hammock, you'd probably get a lot of members here ordering the Roo if for no other reason than just to check out the LunarWave fabric.

I'll be looking out for Shug's review but unless the hammock by itself is somehow made available then I think I'll pass for now. Good luck in your venture.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    We included it in our Kickstarter, because most people would have no idea how to hang it without them. HF members are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Let me make a suggestion for you real quick. Don't sell your suspension seperate from the hammock. That is going to very likely upset many people who order one of your hammocks and recieve it only to find out that they have a gathered end tapestry until they spend another $30 for the suspension to use as a hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelMalone View Post
    That's a good point. The people on HF are unlike the rest of the world though. We knew that the people new to hammock camping would have no idea how to hang it, so we knew that we needed to include our python straps.

Maybe we could do a separate promotion to HF that discounts our products similar to Kickstarter, but allows you to purchase individual components... I'll get back to you on that.
    Well Joel, that's what I was hinting at
    You'd probably only need to offer the hammock body as a large majority put amsteel loops in the end channels. That would save you the cost of the rope as well.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    OK, so as I understand the 85$ package breakdown.

PDF file - Free
    Car decal - Free advertising

Water Bottle - 25$

Hammock
    Suspension
    Stuff sacks
    2x Wire Gate Biners

60$

Free Shipping

That's not too shabby... I'd much rather a package for 60$ without the fancy water bottle... already have a few of those.

Can you confirm that the suspension system uses a zero stretch material? Polyester webbing or a tech rope? No point charging for it if its made out of nylon.

Secondly for us northerners, shipping to Canada still free?

Best of luck starting up your venture.

-- oops guess I should read the whole page. 10$ extra for shipping... Hi bubba

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast