I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Somehow my name and a review came up on another thread about Kammocks on here:

JoelMalone
    Hammock: Kammok Roo
    Suspension: Python Straps

I would love to see a good comparison... maybe I should send a pair to Shug...

Fortunately the python straps are constructed in a way that EVERY stitch has to break for you to fall. It's kind of hard to describe, but even if your hooked onto the last loop, this would be the case. The biners and straps tested around 1000lbs in lab tests, so we aren't too worried about that.
    .....and some other mentions about a video review before I even saw the thread.
    So I PM'ed Joel and he will send me one (not sure if it is just the Python Straps or Kammock and Python Straps) for review but it will be mid to late September before I can do a thorough looky-see on the Kammock as summer is my busy work season and I am on the road quite a bit.

I see a lot of comparison to ENOs so far....and I do not have an ENO so maybe my review will be sub-standard.
    Gonna hang it ...check it out.....the material and stitching and more than likely clown around a bit. It is a hammock and to me it will be comfortable or not.
    Will it work as a backpacking hammock? That is my interest. They may be marketing to recreational hammock folk and my opinion will be moot.
    When I started videos I told myself I would not slam or flame products....if I don't like them I won't do a video on them. The videos are just for fun to me.

I know everybody views how they spend their income a bit differently. When I fill my car I spend quite a bit of dough and just think how much gear that would buy.

If a video review will help folks on here see the product from an HF'ers view....cool.
    If it helps out a new company....cool.
    If I do not like or need the hammock......I will send it back......cool?
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I'm very interested in the new fabric. I'd love to see it up close and see how similar or different it is to what we've seen here before.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    If a video review will help folks on here see the product from an HF'ers view....cool.
    If it helps out a new company....cool.
    If I do not like or need the hammock......I will send it back......cool?
    Shug
    Fair enough! We can't ask for anything more....except for time in the piney woods! Whoo Buddy!

looks like a treklight hammock to me. To me the cost is way to high for the stuff you get that you basically won't use
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Not to beat this horse any further, but I will. I think perspective is being missed here. The hammock in the package is not $85. The package is $85. If you dont want the other stuff, PIF or sell it or something. Or just wait til the are in full blown production. Does it sound pricey? Perhaps. But then again so is alot of the stuff we mess with.

I don't have a problem with people expressing opinions, as that is what makes this place great to mee, but we aren't sharing in a way that reveals our most knowledgable and friendly hammock site on the web, IMO.

Good luck to the Kammock crew and I hope to try your product one day.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I'd rather see some product instead of the "dreams and visions" video.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorguy View Post
    Grizzly and NCPatrick.

I second that emotion.
    I think the company put themselves out there to get initial feedback. If they don't like, or Grizz/NPC don't like it, that does not make it unhelpful.

If I were the Kammock creator I'd be stressed out getting feedback like this from the "hammock elite". We're a tough crowd, but if you listen to us when we complain, we can help you. Even if it's not as nice as you'd like to hear - some of us get offended when we feel like some one is trying to sell people "overpriced" gear.

To qoute Ben Folds "You've got to give the people what they want, Rockstar."
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I'm amazed by the responses in this thread. Thank you all for your questions and comments.I specifically decided to join HF because of the criticism. I knew people would be blatantly honest on here and I wanted to receive truth. I'm playing a large part in product development and I knew that the people on here would provide the most useful insight.

That being said, we are very confident in our products and our mission. I would like to mention, our Kammok Roo is the staple, mainstream product. We decided to release it first for its mass-market appeal. If we put netting on it, only the hammock campers would want it. We have many more products in the works that are unlike anything you've seen yet and they utilize technology that hasn't been used in this industry. So, don't count us out yet. We are very pleased with the results we have achieved thus far. We have sold 600 Kammok Roos in the past week. People on HF are looking more for a complete package and we will provide that in time. Our initial offering is more for lounging at the park than camping. Come on... we're in Texas... there is no way to hammock camp without a net.

That being said. I appreciate the input received from everyone and I do know that sometimes businesses don't always get things right. No offense to you all, but our initial products weren't designed for the experts. The best thing for all of us though is to let me know what you want, rather than what you don't. What would you like us to change? (other than the price)

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelMalone View Post
    I'm amazed by the responses in this thread. Thank you all for your questions and comments.I specifically decided to join HF because of the criticism. I knew people would be blatantly honest on here and I wanted to receive truth. I'm playing a large part in product development and I knew that the people on here would provide the most useful insight.

That being said, we are very confident in our products and our mission. I would like to mention, our Kammok Roo is the staple, mainstream product. We decided to release it first for its mass-market appeal. If we put netting on it, only the hammock campers would want it. We have many more products in the works that are unlike anything you've seen yet and they utilize technology that hasn't been used in this industry. So, don't count us out yet. We are very pleased with the results we have achieved thus far. We have sold 600 Kammok Roos in the past week. People on HF are looking more for a complete package and we will provide that in time. Our initial offering is more for lounging at the park than camping. Come on... we're in Texas... there is no way to hammock camp without a net.

That being said. I appreciate the input received from everyone and I do know that sometimes businesses don't always get things right. No offense to you all, but our initial products weren't designed for the experts. The best thing for all of us though is to let me know what you want, rather than what you don't. What would you like us to change? (other than the price)
    This is a great attitude to take! For this - I'll follow the company and wait for a product more "for me" should it come.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hello Joel. Thanks for your continued presence in this thread. Any word on offering just the hammock without the swag?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast