Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by yooz85 View Post
    Sorry but im with Ramblinrev, $85 for a hammock sounds awfully expensive, and if that is at a discounted price then wow. but i do like the python straps. when your official website opens will you be able to buy them separately and how much do they weigh? but all in all good luck fellas i wish you well.
    Yeah, I'd agree with this sentiment....

...from the design, it seems like your market would be the ENO buyer (to some degree)...the single nest is $54 at REI ($65 for double nest) with free shipping, though you'd have to get some straps extra...some good tree straps from a vendor here would be like 10 buck or so a pair...or $24.95 for the "craptastic" ENO straps...

I, of course, am not privy to the grand scheme of the marketing plan, but if the $85 dollars represents 40 to 50% off the regular retail of these hammocks in their steady state, the marketing team may find they are placing themselves in a segment of the market that will need to have a very high perceived value, and even then see somewhat limited sales for the product as presented...at that price point, you'd be competing with hammocks that have integrated bug netting...

...just some food for thought for $.02...

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Really be interested in Shug's viewpoint. A good breakdown and overview would help when buying sight unseen. I do have to agree with the opinions that the product seems a touch on the pricey side (all good intentions aside) but time will tell of the value is there.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Understandably so. We realize that people will not realize the difference in quality and materials until they are able to see it in person or hear from a trusted source. We took our competitors' products and wanted to make each component/fabric/cord better.

We will be able to achieve that perceived value. As you know, until you see a hammock and climb in the first time, you don't get the fever.

I have received messages from people on HF that purchased our products and I've encouraged each of them to share their experiences on here to get accurate feedback. So, stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoveryDiver View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree with this sentiment....

...from the design, it seems like your market would be the ENO buyer (to some degree)...the single nest is $54 at REI ($65 for double nest) with free shipping, though you'd have to get some straps extra...some good tree straps from a vendor here would be like 10 buck or so a pair...or $24.95 for the "craptastic" ENO straps...

I, of course, am not privy to the grand scheme of the marketing plan, but if the $85 dollars represents 40 to 50% off the regular retail of these hammocks in their steady state, the marketing team may find they are placing themselves in a segment of the market that will need to have a very high perceived value, and even then see somewhat limited sales for the product as presented...at that price point, you'd be competing with hammocks that have integrated bug netting...

...just some food for thought for $.02...

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Agree with DiscoveryDiver..you're competing with the deluxe hammocks at that price. You're going to need to lower the price quite a bit to stay in business.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelMalone View Post
    Understandably so. We realize that people will not realize the difference in quality and materials until they are able to see it in person or hear from a trusted source. We took our competitors' products and wanted to make each component/fabric/cord better.
    With all due respect, besides some of the absolute lowest end hammocks out there, almost all the products on the market have really been outstanding for many of the members here. I'm not saying the products can't be improved upon, more that maybe they don't need to be. I was surprised to see the Kammock be only a single person hammock with no netting or other special features when I can make the same hammock (more or less) for about $15 and an hour or two of my time. I'm sure you have a quality product, and have every right to be proud, but it just seems that the place that it is falling in the market may be a unattractive one (simple hammock, quality materials, high price).

I wish you the best of luck, but as it stands, I won't be getting a Kammock any time soon.

Hammock
    DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    Girlfriend showed me the link today . I agree with previous statements. theyre going pretty high dollar with this and its a discount.

Shug will probably find some fun with it though cant wait to see that.

Images
    I have to go along with others that have mentioned the price. If the $85.00 is a discounted price, then I am afraid you will have a very limited market. While you say your quality is superior and it well may be, the fact remains that I can get a very nice, serviceable hammock for far less than you are asking. I can also get one with an integrated mosquito net for less than your price. Since I am all about getting the most for my money, I can't justify spending that much for a unknown hammock. No offense intended, that is just the way it is. Perhaps, as you said, I would change my mind after I had climbed into one, but at $85.00, I don't guess I will ever do that.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    hey joel would you be able to answer my question about your python straps, can you buy them separately and what is the weight? thank you much.

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    If I am reading this correctly it is a request for funding the project. Not an offer to purchase a hammock. If I am wrong I apologize but as it stands now... pass....
    i concur...
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    They will be available separately as of September 1st. (After our Kickstart campaign ends) I can't remember the weight off the top of my head, so I will double check that and get back to you.

Thanks for the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by yooz85 View Post
    hey joel would you be able to answer my question about your python straps, can you buy them separately and what is the weight? thank you much.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast