Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
It looks like you cut the demensions of the UQ exactly the same as your Bridge, is that the case?
Basically yes, but not quite. To the hammock body I pinned a piece of non-woven type fabric to make a pattern, and then traced with a pen. Cut it out traced onto one of the IX layers, and then stacked with the shell & other IX later. Then sewed along the traced line. The natural shifting of the layers as I sewed meant that there was a little bit of difference in the finished size of the fabric between the seams for each layer, does that make sense? So the layers are not perfect, and that difference allows the outer layers to sag just a bit, and thus introduces a bit of natural gap. With the give in the shock cord attachment cords, there is enough give to keep the UQ from being stretched tight & squeezing the layers together.

This method might not yield the same results if you are a better sewer than me, though (which is most people on this site). If you wanted to be meticulous and consistent, and have well defined spacing between layers, you could plan out a differential cut & pleating like the gathered-end crowd does on their IX UQ's. I plan to make an insert pad out of my leftover IX, and may end up doing some pleats in it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used this method on a bridge UQ, and how they did it.