Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    just want to say Welcome to the forums... the 2 best people to talk to about the HH is right here... BB58 and Rev. so your in good hands
    let us know what one you end up picking
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    OP mentioned price.

The safest buy in a known-comfortable and large hammock for the last 6 months has been a Warbonnet.Buy new, and resell undamaged if you don't like it for maximum of $20 less than purchase price + shipping. That might take a day here. Five days on ebay.

JRB Jacks are Better Bridge hammocks may come close in holding resale value.

Both are complete kits (except fly) and no aficionado here of any hammock would snicker that any parts of either, including suspension, are compromises which you will, of course, "change out" at first opportunity.

Otherwise, there are several other vendors / makers with sub-forums here, and none probably makes less than a good hammock. Several are quite serious and require a smaller outlay. But, count posts, and you can assess popularity, which is a factor in liquidating your purchase, if you wish to try something else.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Well I don't claim to be an expert, but I have the blackbird and the Safari, and if weight and pack size were of no concern to me the safari would be my choice hands down I am no huge 6' and 210, but as I said before the safari is the California king sized hammock no question. The specs on the web site do not fully represent the size of this mansion of a hammock!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weird1 View Post
    the safari is the California king sized hammock no question. The specs on the web site do not fully represent the size of this mansion of a hammock!!!!
    I hope to see one of these at a future hang.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Shas,

In the HH line you have a few options. They are, least expensive to most:

Explorer Deluxe
    Deep Jungle XL
    Safari

Don't be too shy of the single layer Explorer and Safari, as a partially inlfated thermarest inside the hammock can serve to keep your back and buttom well insulated. A nice, inexpensive UQ is the Isultex UQ's you can get from Tree to Tree Trail Gear. For a couple of hundred, you can get a bnice JRB Mt Washington 3 (very warm and cozy).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12