Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Awwwwww that is so cute! And practical too: Get the little-uns addicted to hammocking from the get-go. I have to say the baby in the DIY knock-off looks a little -- shall I say -- odd. Surely that's not the result of the DIY hammock vs. the Miyo one!

Seriously, though, I skimmed through the directions for the DIY one, and if I were going to make it I'd double-check how to do the reinforced seams and the knots. There seems to be some doubt expressed in the instructions as to the knots in particular. And don't hang the baby on the clothes line!!!

I may have to make one of these for my niece's baby-in-progress. Thanks Entropy and QChan -- a very good find for the youngest among us!

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
    Awwwwww that is so cute! And practical too: Get the little-uns addicted to hammocking from the get-go. I have to say the baby in the DIY knock-off looks a little -- shall I say -- odd. Surely that's not the result of the DIY hammock vs. the Miyo one!

Seriously, though, I skimmed through the directions for the DIY one, and if I were going to make it I'd double-check how to do the reinforced seams and the knots. There seems to be some doubt expressed in the instructions as to the knots in particular. And don't hang the baby on the clothes line!!!

I may have to make one of these for my niece's baby-in-progress. Thanks Entropy and QChan -- a very good find for the youngest among us!
    I was thinking the same thing, but the basic idea is there, she also made it sound pretty darn easy.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    I'll look through my stash and see if I have some sturdy but soft, infinitely washable cotton to make this. Months too early for the intended infant, but it's too good to let it slip out of mind and shouldn't take very long to finish once I can get some time & space cleared for yet another project. If I find any issues with the instructions I'll post back here, also pix when it's done if my camera shows up again. Need to do a nice frame to hang it, too. I like the curved wooden frame in the Miyo link (for a hammock chair?) but I don't know if I can make a frame as good as that with the tools I have.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12