Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images

Clark Vertex...

Anyone here have one? What's it like with two people in it? Just looks interesting to me and wondered what people thought of it....

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've slept in one for a few weeks, but don't yet own one.

Easily the best option for two sleepers. Genuine Draft is a fairly light sleeper and I was able to get in and out of the hammock without waking her. The hammock beds really do function almost independently of each other. My issue with Clarks has always been a length/width issue, but the Vertex allows a taller sleeper to 'cheat' by slipping their feet into the other hammock bed. By far, my favorite Clark model.

The only real hitch with the Vertex is the attaching of an UQ. The fabric wall closer to the center of the rig does not come up as high as the outer fabric wall. This allows the UQ to very easily 'slip' from underneath you. Of course, the result is waking up with a chill and having to readjust the UQ. I was using a loaner and didn't want to experiment, but I think it would be a very simple mod to correct the problem. Probably just a small clip to hold it in place. Wouldn't need to be much, just a light anchor.

Very cool hammock.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    HammockGear 40*UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I cant justify buying one of these, but it would be great on a 2 week backpacking trip my brother and I are going on...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I've slept in one for a few weeks, but don't yet own one.

Easily the best option for two sleepers. Genuine Draft is a fairly light sleeper and I was able to get in and out of the hammock without waking her. The hammock beds really do function almost independently of each other. My issue with Clarks has always been a length/width issue, but the Vertex allows a taller sleeper to 'cheat' by slipping their feet into the other hammock bed. By far, my favorite Clark model.

The only real hitch with the Vertex is the attaching of an UQ. The fabric wall closer to the center of the rig does not come up as high as the outer fabric wall. This allows the UQ to very easily 'slip' from underneath you. Of course, the result is waking up with a chill and having to readjust the UQ. I was using a loaner and didn't want to experiment, but I think it would be a very simple mod to correct the problem. Probably just a small clip to hold it in place. Wouldn't need to be much, just a light anchor.

Very cool hammock.

I'm really pondering one now, as I simply don't want to sleep on the ground anymore. When my fiancee' and I go out we have a Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3 that we currently use, but I want her to switch to a hammock. She loves laying in the backyard in the hammocks I have, but when we hike she is adament about sleeping next to me. My other question about this hammock is the lay, is it comfortable to get a diagonal lay?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    My other question about this hammock is the lay, is it comfortable to get a diagonal lay?
    Depends who you ask. Many of the Clark users claim to be able to get comfortable when on the diagonal. For me, it just isn't possible; they are too narrow for my diagonal. The Vertex is the exception, but it's a bit of an illusion. Because the foot area of each hammock bed are very close together and the inner wall of the hammocks is low, I am able to 'cheat' and flop my feet over into the other hammock bed. That allows me to sleep almost as comfortably in the Vertex as I do in most of my gathered-end hammocks.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Depends who you ask. Many of the Clark users claim to be able to get comfortable when on the diagonal. For me, it just isn't possible; they are too narrow for my diagonal. The Vertex is the exception, but it's a bit of an illusion. Because the foot area of each hammock bed are very close together and the inner wall of the hammocks is low, I am able to 'cheat' and flop my feet over into the other hammock bed. That allows me to sleep almost as comfortably in the Vertex as I do in most of my gathered-end hammocks.
    I'm wondering how it would work for a guy my size, I'm 6'-6" tall. Any opinions Cannibal? Since you seem to be the only one with experience in one...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'm 6'. Not sure what an extra 6" would have done to the comfort factor, but as long as your fiancee isn't also very tall, there should still be enough room to cheat over to the other hammock.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I'm 6'. Not sure what an extra 6" would have done to the comfort factor, but as long as your fiancee isn't also very tall, there should still be enough room to cheat over to the other hammock.
    Well she is 5'-3", so I don't see that as a problem lol

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Cannibal: Just wondering, do you think that sewing two hammocks together but leaving the ends independent to allow a separate suspension like the picture of the vertex would achieve the same results? Are the two sides sewn together only along the top hem or does the "attachment" continue further down the dividing wall also?

My interest is not to sleep two people but to have a place for my dog to sleep in the hammock without her crowding me. It used to be pretty easy sleeping with her in the hammock but now it's borderline annoying.

Thanks. KP

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    KP, I'm curious about that also. My husband would hang more if we had a hammock similar to the vertex.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast