Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images

Claytor no-net hammock

After reading from a few people on here mention that the claytor no net hammock is one of the most comfortable hammocks they've slept in, I've been considering getting one but have a few questions. At 22oz stock (from what I read), I can't justify that for backpacking. My winter netless hammock is a war bonnet traveler 1.1 single layer which I have dropped down to 10oz. I just want to perserve the life of it so I'm considering a netless back yard hammock that is more comfortable than my GT UL.

How is the suspension ran? To switch ti whoopies would on have the run them through the channel?

What makes their "simple (or so I've read) hammock so amazing and comfortable. Is it the ability to lay straight? Diagonal? Zero calf ridge? I believe they're smaller than my traveller, so I'm just curious what difference would be. Or why I would pick one over the other?

When it comes down to it any hammock is better than no hammock.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Come on, I know you people are out there. hah.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I too have read that its really comfy. but if I were you id message billybob58 . he loves his and he says its the best to use with a peapod also. but he could answer all your questions.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    After reading from a few people on here mention that the claytor no net hammock is one of the most comfortable hammocks they've slept in, I've been considering getting one but have a few questions. At 22oz stock (from what I read), I can't justify that for backpacking. My winter netless hammock is a war bonnet traveler 1.1 single layer which I have dropped down to 10oz. I just want to perserve the life of it so I'm considering a netless back yard hammock that is more comfortable than my GT UL.

How is the suspension ran? To switch ti whoopies would on have the run them through the channel?
    ....................When it comes down to it any hammock is better than no hammock.
    Come on, I know you people are out there. hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I too have read that its really comfy. but if I were you id message billybob58 . he loves his and he says its the best to use with a peapod also. but he could answer all your questions.
    Sorry guys, just seeing this. You might not "have to" run the whoopies through the channels, but it would be one easy way to go. I personally have no problems with the stock suspension. I still use that on one end. After adding an extra knot here and there which stops it from wicking water, it has worked just fine now for several years.

What makes their "simple (or so I've read) hammock so amazing and comfortable. Is it the ability to lay straight? Diagonal? Zero calf ridge? I believe they're smaller than my traveller, so I'm just curious what difference would be. Or why I would pick one over the other?
    For me anyway, yes to all the above. It is 10 feet long, as long as a Traveler I think. But it is much more narrow than many hammocks. Not a problem at all for me, but some over the years have found it or the Claytor Jungle too narrow. It is very rare for me to have any calf pressure with this hammock when on the diagonal. I can also lay right down the mid-line with good comfort, it forces my knees into a slight bend when my feet are spaced pretty far apart.

I have never had the pleasure of testing a Traveler, so I could not say how they compare. I do have WBBB, several HHs and others, and the Claytor is either as or more comfy than any of them, FOR ME anyway. (Except maybe my HH Safari)

I have never had a RL on this hammock, it just doesn't seem to need one. Pretty tight or lots of sag, it's all good.

Here are some recent pics:

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for responding Newton and thanks for all the information billybob. Based off the info you gave me, it sounds like a plenty comfortable hammock. It may have to go on the birthday list.

Images
    Thanks for responding Newton and thanks for all the information billybob. Based off the info you gave me, it sounds like a plenty comfortable hammock. It may have to go on the birthday list.
    Mine is a very high quality, but very inexpensive, hammock. The bad news is the price has gone up ~ 35-40%. Because world wide shipping used to be free, but now the shipping is $15-20. Also, there is additional delay some how related to security because of this:
    ORDERS SHIPPED ON FRIDAY EACH WEEK -- YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT. SINCE THE MAIL BOMB SENT FROM YEMEN IN NOV 2010, SEVERAL SHIPMENTS TO USA HAVE BEEN DELAYED DUE TO INCREASED SECURITY. ORDERS TO USA MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO THIS INCREASED SECURITY MEASURE. IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT A DELAY, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ORDER A HAMMOCK. WE HOPE THINGS WILL RETURN TO NORMAL SOON. THANK YOU.
    Wow!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Gotta say, for the sake of this thread, that I have been sleeping in a Claytor JH for nearly 4 years, more nights than not. I have used a WBBB, and I like it, but I gravitate back to my Claytor JH. It may be just familiarity, but I feel called.

I like being able to see, the set up is easy, use whoopies through the end channels with a marlin spike hitch on the tree straps. Gets me outside and in the woods.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    im seriously considering getting a no net
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I'm thinking it may be the way to go.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    if you beat me to it then you gotta tell me how it is

• + New Posts