WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Footbox Wonderments

I understand that the main benefit of the footbox is to allow you to lay diagonally, or asymmetrically, and provide you with additional comfort, but this poses a question for me.

If I utilize the footbox, I will have effectively placed my feet and lower part of my legs outside of the footprint of either a pad or under quilt.

I am guessing with the amount of people out there that seem to be overjoyed with their Warbonnet that this isn't a problem, but it seems to 'de-feet' (I know, lame attempt at humor) the purpose of your pad or under quilt, doesn't it?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The purpose of the footbox is to allow for the shape of the WB's netting, without constraining foot room. It doesn't actually allow more.

Underquilts, when fitted properly, cover the bottom of your feet even with the 'box'.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    HH Expedition + ukhammocks Woodsman
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    CCF Mat
    Suspension
    HH Exp. stock
    I think the UQ just wraps around the slightly protruding feet doesn't it? And a pad will be placed diagonally so will cover head to toe as well. No experience with a BB (if that's the hammock in question) but I think that's right.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can see the footbox and some 1/2 and full UQ's and how to deal with the Blackbird on this video I made....might clear up some of your thoughts on this.....
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    In addition to Shug's video, this post by warbonnetguy sums up how the footbox is all about the fit with the netting.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    yes, your feet would be in the same location when laying diagonally in a no-net hammock like eno, treklight etc.

you put the pad in on the same diagonal that you plan on laying. with a full length uq there is also some flexibility with being able to position the foot end closer to one side

the footbox keeps the net shape from causing any restriction to the diagonal lay, allowing you to fully stretch out just like you'd be able to do in a wide no-net hammock

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You can see the footbox and some 1/2 and full UQ's and how to deal with the Blackbird on this video I made....might clear up some of your thoughts on this.....
    Shug
    Shug-Thanks for the YouTube link. I have watched so many of your videos the past few weeks or so but forgot about this one. It was probably one of the first few I watched. Love your enthusiasm and thanks for turning me on to ProfessorHammock videos as well. Haven't seen or heard you on a ukulele yet, but I keep hoping.

angrysparrow-Thanks for the replies and the link to the post.

warbonnetguy-Thanks for the clarification. Some reason, I was thinking it was more of a protruding pouch that would cause you to extend beyond an under quilt.

Simon-Thanks for the reply as well.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    yes, your feet would be in the same location when laying diagonally in a no-net hammock like eno, treklight etc.

you put the pad in on the same diagonal that you plan on laying. with a full length uq there is also some flexibility with being able to position the foot end closer to one side

the footbox keeps the net shape from causing any restriction to the diagonal lay, allowing you to fully stretch out just like you'd be able to do in a wide no-net hammock
    Thanks, Brandon, for the succinct explanation.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts