Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer

Cerberus on AT

The trail may never be the same. Cerberus and Cannibal are out there together! Zak (dropping Cerberus in hopes of getting a trail name) came home last Sunday night and told me he had changed his plans. Wednesday was his last day at work, and rather wait another week and a half to start, he decided to go this weekend.

He also decided not to talk Ben Dog, which I'm glad about so I will have company! But I do have 300# of dogfood in my dining room that had been divided out into 1# bags, boxed, and addresses already done for the hike. It's okay - I didn't have anything else to do those 5 nights spent bagging food

So, I took off work Friday and we headed to the park. We got there mid afternoon and he decided to go ahead and sign the book, making 2/29 his start date. Then he decided to wait for Cannibal, so he had his first zero!

Day two, he and Cannibal slack hiked the strairs. Day two - nero. One mile!

We had a great weekend. Lots of laughing, joking and eating. I think they got 5 farewell meals at the lodge!

More to follow - I'm sure others that were there will chime in. Just wanted to let you know they are on the trail.
    Last edited by Lost; 03-02-2008 at 23:01.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Thanks so much for update. Looking foward to all the adventures to come!

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    The trail may never be the same. Cerberus and Cannibal are out there together! Zak (dropping Cerberus in hopes of getting a trail name) came home last Sunday night and told me he had changed his plans. Wednesday was his last day at work, and rather wait another week and a half to start, he decided to go this weekend.

He also decided not to talk Ben Dog, which I'm glad about so I will have company! But I do have 300# of dogfood in my dining room that had been divided out into 1# bags, boxed, and addresses already done for the hike. It's okay - I didn't have anything else to do those 5 nights spent bagging food

So, I took off work Friday and we headed to the park. We got there mid afternoon and he decided to go ahead and sign the book, making 2/29 his start date. Then he decided to wait for Cannibal, so he had his first zero!

Day two, he and Cannibal slack hiked the strairs. Day two - nero. One mile!

We had a great weekend. Lots of laughing, joking and eating. I think they got 5 farewell meals at the lodge!

More to follow - I'm sure others that were there will chime in. Just wanted to let you know they are on the trail.

awesome.i hope he has the time of his life neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    those two hiking together??? man mischief is bound to happen
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    Already started! Stealth camping in the park for one. They walked about 100 yds before them came to a park bench where they had to sit and rest for a spell. The speed these two started, they may make Neel's Gap in a week. Good thing Zak doesn't eat much (although he sure did this weekend) and Cannibal started out with 6 days worth of food!

They were definitely in early HF withdrawal. Things would happen and one of them would remind us to post it on HF!

Our campsite consisted of the three of us, Shadowmoss, Shiloah and Ewker (who I promise never to ignore ) and Lil Red from Whiteblaze who we did a pretty good job of converting from the ground this weekend!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I wish them both the best. I bet they will have some stories the first time they get to a computer to post on HF.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    zzz... Oh, yeah, guess I should wake up and post my side of the weekend. I am one tired puppy after trying to hang with the big dogs this weekend.

The guys talked me into slacking the stairs to the Top of the Falls with them. That was more exercise than I'd had in a long time. Cannibal told me that he loved hiking with me cause it made him feel like a strong hiker. I found what he was talking about when we dropped them off the next day where we left off, and within sight of us they stopped at the bench and sat down and rested.

A few hours later Shiloh and I hiked up to Springer from the parking lot. Again, that is more time on a trail than I'd had in a year, and the first time I've hiked the AT (other than the sidewalk in Hot Springs). Lost and Zak were already there. Lost headed home after she and I planned to party hard for the next several month with Zak gone.

We never saw Cannibal. Rumor has it that he stopped at the first shelter. I'll be interested in hearing how his first day went. Shiloh got some good pictures of Zak as he raced off to Stover Creek shelter, truly on the trail at last.

After watching the guys off at the Top of the Falls, Shiloh and Ewker and Lil'red and I went back to the campsite. We finalized convincing Lil'red that she should end her days as a ground dweller and join the dark side. I sent on of my hammocks home with her so she can spend some quality time alone with one. I'm sure we will see her post here soon.

I came home today. I'm tired and sore and not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. Guess it was a good weekend.

Several of us heard Cannibal on the phone to his Dad that first night at the campsite when he said he was having fun. "I met a bunch of friends I didn't know I had". Here's hoping that the rest of the trip stays like that for all of them.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

• + New Posts