Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Other Gear Section

I think it would be pretty sweet if there was an other gear section where we can talk about gear that goes hand in hand with hammock camping such as unltralight stoves, super cool packs, and even really awesome things like tenkara fishing.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    We already have that here on HF...it's the Off-Topic subforum for Donating Members. It contains many threads on all the things you've mentioned.

It is HF's policy to keep the open forums strictly related to hammocking gear to keep the site focused. Please read the announcement thread that was posted last year when this organization was put into place.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It just seems a little unfair that only donating members can view these topics. Any chance there can be a 1 time any amount donation option added? $10 is a small mortgage for a college student like myself

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDee View Post
    It just seems a little unfair that only donating members can view these topics. Any chance there can be a 1 time any amount donation option added? $10 is a small mortgage for a college student like myself
    you got to pay to play as they say

it's well worth the money there is tons of great info over there
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDee View Post
    Does it seem unfair that only paying customers get to view movies at the theater?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    There's nothing unfair about staying on topic. This is a site dedicated to talking about hammocks.

We understand if you don't want to donate or can't. That's fine...the hammock info here is open and free to anyone. For all the other stuff...there are hundreds of other forums with lots of great info.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    Does it seem unfair that only paying customers get to view movies at the theater?
    no but its not like 95% of movies at theaters are free to begin with. I know i could just take my thread to another forum but the reason why i posted it here was because i wanted these peoples' feedback. I made a thread about building a bushbuddy style stove and honestly ive never seen anyone even use a bushbuddy that wasnt a hammock hanger.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    We appreciate your thought, but really, this is covered in the site's Terms of Service.

We started HF to become the single best source of hammock camping information on the internet. Our goal is to provide a respectful forum for hammock enthusiasts, and to ensure that it runs smoothly…not to grow the forum, nor to provide a friendly discussion forum for general outdoor enthusiasts. Discussion of knives, stoves, paddling, backpacks and other non-hammock related issues detracts from our primary objective. Excellent information on all of these topics can be found on dozens of other sites around the internet...but only this site can claim to have the most experts on hammock camping in the world and we plan to keep that focus.

All threads not directly related to hammocks and hammock camping will be moved to the Donating Members section. Fewer posts, but higher quality ones focused on our primary mission area, is a perfectly acceptable outcome of this policy. Please note that if you are not a donating member, you will not have access to a thread you started that gets moved to the off-topic area. You may either participate on topic in the free access areas or donate to get access.

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent.

• + New Posts