DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Strung out View Post
    I'm all for hiking in, and hiking around as much as possible.

Also, I am in this for sure.
    I will look over the carpool offers, and figure it out.
    I would be happy to be there Friday morning.
    Cool dude. I'll put you in for attending then. When the dates get a little closer I'm sure people we'll be arranging some carpools. I'll probably be doing it as well, whether it be driving or riding with someone.

Glad you can make it!

Attending
    Fronkey
    Walking Bear
    Beep
    Skygzr
    stairguy

Dennis
    Blue Jeans
    Warm Soda
    Strung Out

Maybe
    Amand
    TAB

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    I'm looking at trying to get a handle on the hike and hang. It looks like that the it will start at the Caribou River campsite on the SHT on Friday night. Some will walk back from from parking areas on Friday afternoon.
    Saturday start hiking north on the SHT. Possible camping locations on Saturday and Sunday nights? End at Temperance River State Park area on Monday?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    DIY Climbing Spec Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Darn, I was excited to say that I will be there until I realized that I was looking at September and not October. I unfortunately work every Sunday and can not attend.

If you guys are still debating on an area to check out then I recommend Section 13. Here is a picture looking at Section 13 from the other side of the valley. The small yellow thing on top of the cliff is our tent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl / Eno dbl
    Tarp
    Blackcat w/door
    Insulation
    crowsnest / yeti
    Images
    Okay, my request for time off on Friday the 14th is looking really promising. Unless a total emergency in flour milling comes up (which is rare with my company), I will be there. Thanks Fronkey for keeping this thread so organized. I can't wait!

I will plan on being at the two island river parking lot before noon for the hike to camp with everyone.
    Everybody wang chung tonight!

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    I'm looking at trying to get a handle on the hike and hang. It looks like that the it will start at the Caribou River campsite on the SHT on Friday night. Some will walk back from from parking areas on Friday afternoon.
    Saturday start hiking north on the SHT. Possible camping locations on Saturday and Sunday nights? End at Temperance River State Park area on Monday?
    I don't know why, but at first I was under the impression that people didn't want to hike. But, it looks like everyone is up for it which is fantastic!

We could do the walk in to Caribou river mutli group and then walk back out to Two island river. If we did that we could also do a potluck on the last night and then it's just a short walk to the cars which are parked less than a mile away to grab some food. It would help with not having to shuttle as well.

It's really up to the group though. When I get done with work I'll try an crunch some numbers and figure some stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshing View Post
    Darn, I was excited to say that I will be there until I realized that I was looking at September and not October. I unfortunately work every Sunday and can not attend.

If you guys are still debating on an area to check out then I recommend Section 13. Here is a picture looking at Section 13 from the other side of the valley. The small yellow thing on top of the cliff is our tent.
    Bummer dude. We'll see you on the trail some other time.

We could totally do a group hang on section 13 which would be awesome. The only thing that stinks is that you need to hike in water because the closest water source is half a mile away.

And what's a tent?

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    Okay, my request for time off on Friday the 14th is looking really promising. Unless a total emergency in flour milling comes up (which is rare with my company), I will be there. Thanks Fronkey for keeping this thread so organized. I can't wait!

I will plan on being at the two island river parking lot before noon for the hike to camp with everyone.

Awesome dude! Really glad you can make it for both the hang and the hike. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I don't know why, but at first I was under the impression that people didn't want to hike. But, it looks like everyone is up for it which is fantastic!

We could do the walk in to Caribou river mutli group and then walk back out to Two island river. If we did that we could also do a potluck on the last night and then it's just a short walk to the cars which are parked less than a mile away to grab some food. It would help with not having to shuttle as well.

It's really up to the group though. When I get done with work I'll try an crunch some numbers and figure some stuff out.
    Fronkey
    This would work for me.

If I understand the idea, on Friday we'll gather at the north end (Parking lot on County Rd 1 just north of Two Island River campsite) around noon, and then hike south to the Caribou River multi-group site in the afternoon, about 8.5 miles. Saturday, we would then backtrack north to the Two Island River campsite for Saturday night (about 7.5 miles). Sunday morning would then be a quick 1 mile out to cars and home.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing

And what's a tent?
    Lol! I have yet to convert my rock climbing partners to hammocks. WHOA! WAIT a second! An absolutely wonderful idea just hit me. I always supply the tents because my rockclimbing friends would rather spend their money on beer. If I sold my tent I would have $400 to purchase more hammocks for my friends to use then I will never again have to use a tent! I am officially addicted.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    This would work for me.

If I understand the idea, on Friday we'll gather at the north end (Parking lot on County Rd 1 just north of Two Island River campsite) around noon, and then hike south to the Caribou River multi-group site in the afternoon, about 8.5 miles. Saturday, we would then backtrack north to the Two Island River campsite for Saturday night (about 7.5 miles). Sunday morning would then be a quick 1 mile out to cars and home.
    Yep, that's right. I figure it's an easy hike and has some really nice views. Plus, I went into those campsites and know there will be enough room for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshing View Post
    Lol! I have yet to convert my rock climbing partners to hammocks. WHOA! WAIT a second! An absolutely wonderful idea just hit me. I always supply the tents because my rockclimbing friends would rather spend their money on beer. If I sold my tent I would have $400 to purchase more hammocks for my friends to use then I will never again have to use a tent! I am officially addicted.
    You take me real rock climbing and not that fake rock wall stuff and I'll make one of your friends a hammock.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    And the updated list to who is going to the hang.

Attending
    Fronkey
    Walking Bear
    Beep
    Skygzr
    stairguy

Dennis
    Blue Jeans
    Warm Soda
    Strung Out
    Booya

Maybe
    Amand
    TAB

Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Yep, that's right. I figure it's an easy hike and has some really nice views. Plus, I went into those campsites and know there will be enough room for us.

You take me real rock climbing and not that fake rock wall stuff and I'll make one of your friends a hammock.

Fronkey
    Taylor's Falls or Redwing?

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast