Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images

What I'm Thankful For.......

Hey everyone, I was just sitting here reflecting on how much has changed since Sept. 2, when I discovered I hated sleeping on the ground. (and it is also the day I consider to be the beginning of my journey to becoming a hanger!)

In a matter of 112 days (which is a longer amount of time that I have before I start my thru!) I've discovered a completely new and WAY BETTER way of camping/sleeping/lounging in the outdoors.

So thanks to every single one of you that have helped me get here. I seriously would not have been able to learn this stuff this fast or feel confident about using it for my thru next year if it were not for all of the patience and knowledge you all have shared with me.

So I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and fellow hangers here on the hammock forum. Happy holidays to you all and may you have many happy hanging days in 2007.
    This is my signature.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I am thankful for you. I learned a lot from your posts and your questions.

So -- thanks!

PS. Wet cat picture is a hoot.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Hey everyone, I was just sitting here reflecting on how much has changed since Sept. 2, when I discovered I hated sleeping on the ground. (and it is also the day I consider to be the beginning of my journey to becoming a hanger!)

In a matter of 112 days (which is a longer amount of time that I have before I start my thru!) I've discovered a completely new and WAY BETTER way of camping/sleeping/lounging in the outdoors.

So thanks to every single one of you that have helped me get here. I seriously would not have been able to learn this stuff this fast or feel confident about using it for my thru next year if it were not for all of the patience and knowledge you all have shared with me.

So I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and fellow hangers here on the hammock forum. Happy holidays to you all and may you have many happy hanging days in 2007.
    wow thats cool,you remember the date you decided to hang neo

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I remember first seeing a Hennessy Hammock on WB and I was spellbound. I think my first reaction when I got my first HH (and my first camping hammock) was, "How the f*** do you get in this thing?" After I found my way inside and got to lay down for the first time I was hooked. Hammock crack.

I am also thankful for this forum and it's members. Here's to becoming the ultimate source for all things hammock camping in internet.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i believe it was late spring 05 that my curiosity finally caused me to buy an eagles nest & actually give it a try. that`s the end of my ground sleeping days.
    thanks to ed speer & the hammockcamping yahoo group for tons of help in getting started.
    and now thanks a million to attrol & jeff for making this great site happen!!! and to all the hammockers here with so many great ideas!!!
    ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm thankful for all my friends...even the ground dwellers like Dino and Ewker.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

I've been hanging around trees for almost 4 years now, and I am thankful to

Allen Leigh (who wrote the first thing I ever read about Hammock Camping)
    Ed Speer
    Risk
    Youngblood
    Sarge
    Neo
    Jeff
    Gardenville
    Patrick
    Coy
    Bear
    Slowhike
    Rat
    Bill in Houston
    JD

and all the rest of the folks that take a ton of their your time, posting your ideas, pictures, patterns and journals.

Also the fine folks that host and moderate this forum, Hammock Camping on Yahoo, Sgt. Rock's and White Blaze.

It is my to great benefit that you all are around.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and joyous holidays to you all!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    GG ThinLight
    Suspension
    rings and webbing
    Images
    ....."I am also thankful for this forum and it's members. Here's to becoming the ultimate source for all things hammock camping in internet."

Ditto, you guys converted me hard and true the first time, not one second of looking back.

I am ever impressed with the honest and sincere answers to sometimes "dumb" questions us newbies ask, unlike other forums the ridicule and thread hijacking is limited while remaining true to the intended content. Makes the learning curve that much shorter!

Merry Christmas all and happy hanging

ps: i finally got my wife to accept the fact that i may need to "sleep in the basement" once in a while... HH ULEX waiting for me

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i am thankful for so much,i really am looking forward to hanging we many of you folks one day.right now i am going thru my secound divorce,plus getting custody of my boys from my first marriage,my current wife is leaving because my boys are coming to live with me,she never had children of her own neo

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i am thankful for so much,i really am looking forward to hanging we many of you folks one day.right now i am going thru my secound divorce,plus getting custody of my boys from my first marriage,my current wife is leaving because my boys are coming to live with me,she never had children of her own neo
    sorry to hear about your struggles neo, especially at this time of year.
    i hope you can stay focused on the good things & still find blessings.
    i don`t know how you feel about prayer, but i`m going to say one for you anyway my friend<g>.
    take care. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast