Hammock
    My own $25 DIY Hammock.
    Tarp
    Chinook Camo.
    Insulation
    E.C.W.S Military
    Suspension
    Bioshock
    Either way you go will wind up costing you the same price in the end. By the time you get the hammock, snake skins, top and bottom quilts and hammock sock. You will be at more then the Clarks initial cost. Go with the Clark. It will cost less in the long run.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrumb View Post
    I just graduated from a SBPro to a NX-250. <snip>

My KAQ underquilt worked great - and I stuffed a few small things in the under pockets - not sure how that'll affect the underquilt as it gets cooler. It got down in the upper 50's this trip and I never woke up to any cold spots. I'm looking forward to camping in the colder weather this fall and using the weathershield.

I used the stock suspension for this trip but that rope has got to go - will replace with a strap/ring system like on my SBPro. The zippers take some getting used to - there are a lot of them - but as TinaLouise mentioned it's nice being able to open either side of the hammock...

Jim
    Jim: Yeah, lots of zippers. I attached long lengths of bright ribbon to all the ones I thought I'd like to be able to reach without risking wrenching a back. A 49c solution I'm happy with, even if sometimes I must move a zipper to have the trailing ribbon not drop in my face.

Would you say why you didn't rely on the pockets and some light insulation instead of the KAQ (you probably already had?)

I think the weathershield as an upgrade is one of two or three bargains among Clark options. Just $40 when available but optional, and likely a mis-price, considering the zippering.

Hammock
    Clark NX150, HH DJ Zip XL
    Tarp
    Clark Camo
    Insulation
    TQ UQ By HG 3 seas
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Clark

Love the Clark. 1st class Quality. Made in USA. Cool Camo.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hope and prayer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Would you say why you didn't rely on the pockets and some light insulation instead of the KAQ (you probably already had?)
    Yep. I already had the KAQ. Next time I camp I think I will bring the KAQ but not use it one night to see how the pockets perform by themselves. I think they might be good enough for the summer temps.

Jim

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by injun51 View Post
    Either way you go will wind up costing you the same price in the end. By the time you get the hammock, snake skins, top and bottom quilts and hammock sock. You will be at more then the Clarks initial cost. Go with the Clark. It will cost less in the long run.
    to be fair to hh, the stock clark doesn't come with top or bottom insulation or snakeskins so you can't compare the hh cost plus snakeskins plus topquilt and underquilt and a full sock to the price of a stock clark that comes with none of those things. the clark has pockets to put your own insulation in just like you could put a pad in the hh.

both have:
    hammock with suspension and bugnet: you supply your own insulation system top and bottom

a stock fly: both can be upgraded to a larger model
    the clark has the weather shield included, the hh has an overcover that's sold seperately that serves the same function.

hh stock package plus overcover would be pretty comparable to a stock clark that has the wethershield included.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12