Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

clark jungle hammocks ?? any info

hello to all, can anyone tell anything about clark jungle hammocks? i have been looking at hammocks for a while and was ready to buy one untill i saw clark jungle hammocks, this hammock looks super nice any info on this hammock would be great. Question can you sleep in your side with all hammocks ? I love sleeping on my side at night just not sure if you can with camping hammocks? The clark jungle u can plus it has pockets on the outside and the inside for your gear.
    thank's kerrkid

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a
    um from what i could gather... and this is just my regurgitating it....albeit to the best of my ability. its just observations of others expiriences. but spelt right.

the clark is one of the top of the line hammocks, as such youll get all the sweetness that comes with that station....also you get the price of it.

if you want a hammock decked out with all sortsa goodness, WBBB is loaded, with footbox and shelf....i dunno if you can sleep sideways. i havent looked to much into em as they are above my lvl atm.

as to sleeping sideways.....i know there are some outstanding usa made products with spreaderbars and whatnot....might be clark but i remember shug had a video(afew) actually i remember its called a grizz hammock, i think. but that looks stable.

claytor is another jungle hammock if your dead set on those type....some like having perma netting to the point of bottom entry, others like the zipper to have a more compatible seat. there are a ton of options with most of these great hammocks.
    but thats about the extent of my brain juice. hope this at least ...did somethng? hah

um there are ALOT of comparrison threads already. i dont know where but ive seen a few one in particular had pics and compared them all.....was freakin great but i dunno if it was stickied.....i rambled

but all hammocks listed are very nice from what i could gather. cheers!
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Go to the Clark Vendor section, or just click this link to take you directly there: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=12

There is a wealth of information there, and yes, you can definitely sleep on your side (EITHER side) in the Clark very comfortably. Those of us that have the Clarks love them. At least most of us do, there are a few folks that just simply did not care for them, but that is the same with any brand. Enjoy and welcome!!!!
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrkid View Post
    hello to all, can anyone tell anything about clark jungle hammocks? i have been looking at hammocks for a while and was ready to buy one untill i saw clark jungle hammocks, this hammock looks super nice any info on this hammock would be great. Question can you sleep in your side with all hammocks ? I love sleeping on my side at night just not sure if you can with camping hammocks? The clark jungle u can plus it has pockets on the outside and the inside for your gear.
    thank's kerrkid
    A Clark hammock has all the bells and whistles, so to speak!! It is also at the very top of the price chart for hammocks. One of the nice things about it is that there's a zipper on both sides as opposed to most other hammocks that only have a zipper on one side (this also will increase it's weight but it's very convient) With other hammocks, you just need to be able to know which side the zipper is on when you set up. (you get used to being able to set up your hammock with the zipper on which ever side you need, you just don't have to think about it with the Clark)

Yes, you can sleep on your side in a Clark. You can also sleep on your side in a lot of other hammocks too. The main difference between the Clark and a lot of other hammocks is that you will sleep "end to end" in the Clark and in Hammocks like the Hennessy and the BlackBird, you'll sleep way off center. I found that I'm much flater seeming in my BlackBird than in my Clark. I'm just as comfortable in either.

I've personally found the outside pockets to not be so useful because I'm using an under quilt and that covers up the pockets making it harder to use them. I'd be just as happy without them. Only during the summer when I'm not using the under quilt, do I actually make use of these pockets. I do use the inside pockets.

I've also found that the material used with the Clark is a much more rugged material than what's used on my BlackBird. If I was gonna be camping in situations that called for a really bomb-proof hammock, I'd take the Clark. I think the BlackBird would do just as well in this situation but I'd need to be a bit more careful with it. (this is just my opinion on how I fair with my hammocks).

TinaLouise

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    You might also browse photos here. Because, an embarrassing number of hammocks are sold on looks. Not that any Warbonnet or Clark owner would admit that. Nah, couldn't be true.

Look, too, at DD and Claytor, long time vendors / makers of good camping and expedition hammocks, some at somewhat lower prices.

Just be sure, you tote up prices for the parts you will likely need. Hammock, lines, tree-straps (to protect bark), suspension, tarp / fly, tie-lines, bug netting, and shipping and handling to get all those parts to you.

If you don't do that, you may wonder how serious makers get to $160 and much more, when you can find a gathered end hammock from Grand Trunk for $20 from Amazon or similar.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hope and prayer
    Images
    I just graduated from a SBPro to a NX-250. Finally got out camping a few weekends ago.

I always seem to sleep poorly the first night I'm out in a hammock so the first night was OK. I think my feet were too low, and like all hammocks there is some trial and error to the setup.

The second night I tweaked a few things and I was out. Overslept in the AM. Ahhhhh...

My KAQ underquilt worked great - and I stuffed a few small things in the under pockets - not sure how that'll affect the underquilt as it gets cooler. It got down in the upper 50's this trip and I never woke up to any cold spots. I'm looking forward to camping in the colder weather this fall and using the weathershield.

I used the stock suspension for this trip but that rope has got to go - will replace with a strap/ring system like on my SBPro. The zippers take some getting used to - there are a lot of them - but as TinaLouise mentioned it's nice being able to open either side of the hammock...

I bought the Clark sight unseen. But if you are curious I'd inquire on the forums if anyone lives near you that has one that you could possible try. There are lots of options out there!

Overall I'm very happy with my decision...

Jim

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    KerrKid:
    I have an NX-200, larger version of the North American CJH, that I could let you try if you wanted to. I have changed out the suspension to a strap/cinch buckle set up versus the original ropes. Drop me a PM and we can work out the details.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    There you go....Bigbamaguy comes thru again. He let me try his Clark a few months ago when I had many questions about the Clark. That's a sure way to find out and it's great to have such helpful and generous members here.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I used to have a nx250....it is a great hammock, clarks makes a bombproof product.....would highly recommend it.

Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Vertex by Clark
    Insulation
    DOWN & lots of it
    Suspension
    arrowhead's setup
    Images
    I have a Clark NX250 and the Hennessy Safari among others and use them both. I favor the Clark when the elements will be out to get me and the Hennessy is the perfect place to be on warm nights and I am comfortable in both. If I had to give one the higher score for pure comfort forgetting all other criteria, Hennessy Safari by a smidgen. But what do I know I'm old and feeble plus as they say...HYOH, YMMV, etc etc, yada yada, blah blah blah.
    Whether trail or paddle don't you know
    My hammock is the way to go
    There peace and solitude I find
    To ease all troubles from my mind
    Both body and soul revel in delight
    As day surrenders to inky night

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast