Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i keep seeing the same avatars pop up in these tttg threads.

an sb army instead of a wbbb cult?!?! i kid, i kid.

is there a central location where we repeat tttg admirers can
    take our switchbacks out for a group hang and 'ooo' & 'aww' at
    each others take on the rig???
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Images
    So then, no SRL, eh? And still great, apparently? I have yet to add a SRL- or any RL- to my Claytor No Net, and I have yet to miss it comfort wise. It still rates pretty high among the most comfy hammocks I have used, and it doesn't seem to matter a lot about how much sag I end up with.

Hammock
    switchback, wbbb, clark ul
    Tarp
    oes standard/ultra
    Insulation
    jrb uq/ leighlo tq
    Suspension
    diy whoopiesling
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    So then, no SRL, eh? And still great, apparently? I have yet to add a SRL- or any RL- to my Claytor No Net, and I have yet to miss it comfort wise. It still rates pretty high among the most comfy hammocks I have used, and it doesn't seem to matter a lot about how much sag I end up with.
    i started out with a clark ultralite and used it for ten years , no structural ridgeline, then went to the wbbb,and realised that ,apparently ,there is a "proper way" to hang a hammock, who knew? i thought that as long as i was comfortable ,that was the right way, with a little experience you can just see if it is hung the way you like it

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    BillyBob, what kind of end does your Claytor have? Is the suspension threaded through and end channel or is it larks headed around the end?
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    GT UL Mod
    Tarp
    ZPacks and WB Edge
    Insulation
    Leighlo
    Suspension
    webbing, triglide
    Images
    Well done review. Descriptive and to the point. I love reviews that aren't just about the joy of having the new gear. I do have a question though... based on design and dimensions, could it be said that this hammock is very similar to the GT skeeter beeter? They are both channel end vs whipped: both have seperate bugnet suspension with spreader loops; the dimensions anly differ by 6" in length. The main differences are weight (skeeter beeter is about 4oz lighter unrigged after removing the s hooks); stock suspension on the GT is basically unusable; there are no side tyouts on the GT; there is no ability to completely open the GT bugnet on both sides; no pockets or loops (bells and whistles) on the GT. I know the GT is not really good for tall people due to the 6" length loss, but for someone that is 5'7" and 170lbs like me, I am having trouble justifying the nearly triple price of the switchback vs a GT. Even if i spend $30 adding suspension to a GT, the extras (pockets, tyouts, loops) are not really enough to convince me to take the penalty in price and weight, especially considering i will likely not use the tyouts like you. I'm not putting the switchback down, just trying to weigh out all the info objectively I am anxious to hear an extended use review.
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. - C.S. Lewis

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Great write up. Lots of info there. Thanks rip.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by finskie View Post
    Well done review. Descriptive and to the point. I love reviews that aren't just about the joy of having the new gear. I do have a question though... based on design and dimensions, could it be said that this hammock is very similar to the GT skeeter beeter? They are both channel end vs whipped: both have seperate bugnet suspension with spreader loops; the dimensions anly differ by 6" in length. The main differences are weight (skeeter beeter is about 4oz lighter unrigged after removing the s hooks); stock suspension on the GT is basically unusable; there are no side tyouts on the GT; there is no ability to completely open the GT bugnet on both sides; no pockets or loops (bells and whistles) on the GT. I know the GT is not really good for tall people due to the 6" length loss, but for someone that is 5'7" and 170lbs like me, I am having trouble justifying the nearly triple price of the switchback vs a GT. Even if i spend $30 adding suspension to a GT, the extras (pockets, tyouts, loops) are not really enough to convince me to take the penalty in price and weight, especially considering i will likely not use the tyouts like you. I'm not putting the switchback down, just trying to weigh out all the info objectively I am anxious to hear an extended use review.
    good points fin. i have always written off the skeeter beater, albeit my encounter with the hammock was at my upstart, and i was comparing it to my new-found love, the wbbb, so it may have been in haste. the put-downs i had against the skeeter beater may no longer be valid, as knowledge and feature requests have mutated over the past year. maybe its time to give the gt sb another run for its money. i do love my gt ul, and this hammock looks exactly like that, with a bugnet sewn on. i do foresee the stock, 1-sided zipper to be the only downfall against my feature requirements- (of course a skilled thread injector unlike myself could fix this). for the reasons, features and ideas listed above via fin, i'd like to give the hammocks a head-to-head comparison- and may gather the scant $59 to do so.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Question

Quote Originally Posted by finskie View Post
    I do have a question though... based on design and dimensions, could it be said that this hammock is very similar to the GT skeeter beeter?
    Actually,

I was wondering if you guys know if the design was the same as the DD Hammock? I watched some reviews of them and saw that the bug netting on the SB appears to be the same, even down to having loops to put a stick in to spread the netting...

Hammock
    GT UL Mod
    Tarp
    ZPacks and WB Edge
    Insulation
    Leighlo
    Suspension
    webbing, triglide
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    good points fin. i have always written off the skeeter beater, albeit my encounter with the hammock was at my upstart, and i was comparing it to my new-found love, the wbbb, so it may have been in haste. the put-downs i had against the skeeter beater may no longer be valid, as knowledge and feature requests have mutated over the past year. maybe its time to give the gt sb another run for its money. i do love my gt ul, and this hammock looks exactly like that, with a bugnet sewn on. i do foresee the stock, 1-sided zipper to be the only downfall against my feature requirements- (of course a skilled thread injector unlike myself could fix this). for the reasons, features and ideas listed above via fin, i'd like to give the hammocks a head-to-head comparison- and may gather the scant $59 to do so.
    I also had an early experience with the skeeter beeter that i sort of wrote off, but i have an UL on the way to give GT another shot. Let me know how the comparison goes.
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. - C.S. Lewis

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

Teaser: 2qzq Mod

more info when i actually receive the hammock
    these are some pics 2QZQ took at the "Pennsylvania Mod Shop"