Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    yeah.. i really want to ditch the 1.1 double layer i currently have.. but it IS lighter wags, than the 1.7 single with which i'd replace it. i could get away with the 1.1 single at my weight, but i like to have a loaner, and i'd rather be at the higher end of the weight limit, than not.

i've been wrestling with this one for some time now...sounds like others are too
    Having a loaner is another consideration I've been contemplating. I think I may go for a model that can handle more weight than the 1.1 single for that reason. So, the 1.1 double is lighter than the 1.7 single. Is there a noticable difference in how comfortable they both are?

Hammock
    wbbb dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst81 View Post
    the 1.1 double is lighter than the 1.7 single. Is there a noticable difference in how comfortable they both are?
    ive never tried the 1.7 single but i own a 1.1 dbl and im also 160, it is very comfortable

Hammock
    DIY Silver Ghost
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB Seq., 3s-Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey Catalyst,
    Depending on how much I have been running and/or weight lifting, I come in between 150lbs and 165lbs. I have been using the 1.1 single without problems, and it will hold more weight. As he said, Raul has been using the 1.1 single and he looks to weigh in a little more than you do. I think that would be just fine. Go light! I love mine, and am glad I did not go for the 1.7. I hope this helps.
    Stubbs

“Hearing is one of the body's five senses, but listening is an art.” - Frank Tyger

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Raul is a stud....

<thud>

Sorry the Water Monkey got out of his cage I had to sack him.

Continue with your regularly scheduled program.
    Last edited by Raul Perez; 08-02-2011 at 08:18.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    jeeze,,you guys,,are going to make me think more about.this before I pull the trigger,,1.1 or 1.7.......1.7 or 1.1. lol...decisions,,decisions,,

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst81 View Post
    Having a loaner is another consideration I've been contemplating. I think I may go for a model that can handle more weight than the 1.1 single for that reason. So, the 1.1 double is lighter than the 1.7 single. Is there a noticable difference in how comfortable they both are?
    i've layed in the double 1.7, and the fabric is noticeably different in 'hand'. the 1.1 stuff is very soft, with a ripstop grid. the 1.7 stuff, if i recall, isn't as soft and silky, and doesn't have that ripstop grid-- i'm no fabric expert, but its more of like a poly taffeta. (don't crucify if i'm wrong fabric gurus).

i have to imagine, since the weight limits are the same, the lay will be similar. comfort is had in any hmmk, ESPECIALLY a wbbb. i love the feel of my 1.1 Dl at 155 lbs.

for now, i'm gonna hang onto my 1.1 DL limited black 'lefty'. its weight capacity as a loaner, ability to easily accept a pad for friends who don't have an underquilt, and 'soft hand' in the 1.1 stuff brandon uses makes it a keeper in my eyes.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images

weight change on the 1.7 single

After emailing with Brandon, he updated the weight for the 1.7 single BB. It's only 21 oz., rather than the previously posted 25 oz. I ended up ordering the 1.7 single since its listed as only one ounce heavier than the 1.1 single. Thanks for all the help/suggestions.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Catalyst... cause I'm being nosey... Looked at your gear list in your signature. Isn't this purchase going to jack up your base weight considering you have a DIY hammock weighing 10oz already in your calculation?

Just curious on the thought process.

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Catalyst... cause I'm being nosey... Looked at your gear list in your signature. Isn't this purchase going to jack up your base weight considering you have a DIY hammock weighing 10oz already in your calculation?

Just curious on the thought process.
    Yeah it will. This purchase is more for the wife though. But, I figure I'll probably use it every so often - and maybe more so if I really like it. I haven't tried out a BB yet.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    OK I was just curious... I'm only nosey because I just made steps to go from the 1.1 SL BB to the 1.1 SL Traveler as my main hammock with a purchase of a Tulle Bug Net from Papa Smurf. Total weight with stuff sack, suspension, and net is projected at 13oz or less. Ditch the bugnet and I'm looking at 10.7oz

I'm still in the "I'm not sure section" in my brain so after a few field tests once I get the bugnet in will either confirm or deny my sustained comfort for bug season use. If it's all good I'm looking at a base weight of 8.6lbs and possibly less if I ditch some "luxury items" or go frameless which I'm not too thrilled about right now.

OK enough of me taking over your thread I'm sure you will be happy with the Blackbird it's gangsta.

Raul

Youtube Channel:

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast