Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    OK I was just curious... I'm only nosey because I just made steps to go from the 1.1 SL BB to the 1.1 SL Traveler as my main hammock with a purchase of a Tulle Bug Net from Papa Smurf. Total weight with stuff sack, suspension, and net is projected at 13oz or less. Ditch the bugnet and I'm looking at 10.7oz

I'm still in the "I'm not sure section" in my brain so after a few field tests once I get the bugnet in will either confirm or deny my sustained comfort for bug season use. If it's all good I'm looking at a base weight of 8.6lbs and possibly less if I ditch some "luxury items" or go frameless which I'm not too thrilled about right now.

OK enough of me taking over your thread I'm sure you will be happy with the Blackbird it's gangsta.

Raul
    I'm right there with you trying to figure out the lightest and most comfortable method for bug season. Thus far, I've just been using a head net, but then the little monsters buzz your head all night. So, I've thought about just using ear plugs or possibly picking up one of papa smurf's nets. I'll have to see how you like that bug net.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    read my post about making a simple cover of bug netting in the general hammock post. Works like a charm,,weighs only 11 oz for full coverage. Going to use this when I am in bug country on either a Traveler 1.1 or 1.7. Will order one end of week myself. And when I get the hammock,,will cut the bug net down alittle more, reducing the weight of it even more.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst81 View Post
    After emailing with Brandon, he updated the weight for the 1.7 single BB. It's only 21 oz., rather than the previously posted 25 oz. I ended up ordering the 1.7 single since its listed as only one ounce heavier than the 1.1 single. Thanks for all the help/suggestions.
    UGH
    so now i must rethink my double layer 1.1
    crapola.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I have two blackbirds, a 1.1 dbl and 1.0 dbl. I have a 1.1 single traveler. I weigh 185ish and am 5'8". Though I love my blackbirds, I wish I would have got the 1.1 single instead of the 1.0 dbl. I find my 1.1 single super comfortable, and though there is a little stretch, I've never experience shoulder squeeze. I find it very comfortable for my size, but others my size may disagree.

I must say that it is a disappointment how incorrect warbonnets weights of their hammocks are. I ordered the 1.0 dbl because I was afraid that the little stretch on the 1.1 single would affect the way the netting laid. So I went for the 1.0 dbl instead to lose 4.75oz in comparison to my 1.1 dbl. Soon after to find out that there's actually only a 1oz difference in the the two. If these weights were posted correctly I would have no reason to spend $130 to save 1oz, instead I certainly would have taken the risk with the 1.1 single to save on the weight. now come to find out the 1.7 single weighs less than the 1.1 dbl makes it even more frustrating because that would have been a contender as well.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    So I went for the 1.0 dbl instead to lose 4.75oz in comparison to my 1.1 dbl. Soon after to find out that there's actually only a 1oz difference in the the two. If these weights were posted correctly I would have no reason to spend $130 to save 1oz, instead I certainly would have taken the risk with the 1.1 single to save on the weight. now come to find out the 1.7 single weighs less than the 1.1 dbl makes it even more frustrating because that would have been a contender as well.
    the new weights prompted me to draft up a for sale thread for my barely used "collectors" 1.1 black DL mirrored 'righty' with buyer's choice custom ridgeline and whoopies, to fund a 1.7 single. still wavering on that one, and ultimately trashed the draft...

**gear neurosis on account of internet boredom**

so, ultimately, its a personal preference. good news is... try one out.. if it proves to not be what you're looking for... offer some extras and sell it here to a new set of trees for near retail unused, eat the 10$ and get the "other" one
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

I agree with taylo. I have a double and never use a pad anymore. I feel like the double layer is dead weight mostly

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    yep!

gave my coveted 1.1 DL black mirrored wbbb to my brother who is just getting into hammocking. making him happy made it easier to part with.

that said, order is already in with brandon for a 1.7 single layer. gotta have a blackbird in the flock!

**to beat this thread to death, a note on single vs. double layer from the mouth of the architect posted over at BPL:

"As far as weight limits go, i try to post my weight limits as to what someone will find comfortable. The single layer 1.1 will hold a 600# individual, but i'm not going to rate it at 600#."
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    WBBBB dbl1.1 mint
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix,DIY
    Suspension
    whoopies

loaners....

If you are thinking it may be a loaner one day....what are the chances that you will have two UQ's down the road as well?

It might be nice to hand a buddy a thermarest and a dbl layer hammock, whilst you enjoy the comfort of a UQ.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by mazz1111 View Post
    If you are thinking it may be a loaner one day....what are the chances that you will have two UQ's down the road as well?

It might be nice to hand a buddy a thermarest and a dbl layer hammock, whilst you enjoy the comfort of a UQ.
    agreed!

i opted to keep my 1.1 DL traveler and wb net for that very option.

but yes.... consider the loaner for certain.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    yep!

gave my coveted 1.1 DL black mirrored wbbb to my brother who is just getting into hammocking. making him happy made it easier to part with.

that said, order is already in with brandon for a 1.7 single layer. gotta have a blackbird in the flock!
    Nice! Mine should be showing up today if USPS ever gets here!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast