Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    hope you get it figured out man
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    HH Explorer Classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Poncho Liner TQ
    Suspension
    Rings and Biners
    +1 for the foot pad. Plus you can put it against your back in your pack to firm it up and add padding.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    I'm 5'10'' in an Expedition and no problem with foot room. +1 on getting the foot end a bit higher and getting a good tweak on the pull-out shock cord-- the higher the better. Play with the tightness of the hang too.

Watch the Hennessy video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNIr...layer_embedded . He sets the hammock up nearly level at eye level, which is quite a bit different than other hangs. He ties the pull-outs to the fly to pull them up and out. The near level hang appears in all his videos that I have watched. I have to do some experimenting with that.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    At 6' I'd say you're too big for an Expedition, despite what Hennessy might spec. The Expedition may be their standard model but I think more people would be happy if they got the Explorer. If you're sticking with the Expedition, then the things people have suggested should be helpful.

Despite being a Hennessy user myself, if the foot space remains a problem the Warbonnet Blackbird addresses this issue very well with its footbox design.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    At 6' I'd say you're too big for an Expedition, despite what Hennessy might spec. The Expedition may be their standard model but I think more people would be happy if they got the Explorer. If you're sticking with the Expedition, then the things people have suggested should be helpful.

Despite being a Hennessy user myself, if the foot space remains a problem the Warbonnet Blackbird addresses this issue very well with its footbox design.
    I agree 100% . im 5'11 and i feel a little cramped sometimes. I think most people would agree the explorer is the one to pick unless your a smaller individual
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Bear in mind that the distance between the trees affects sag and therefore how high the hammock needs to be hung. Tom likes to hang his hammock level. I've used one of his hammocks for over 10 years and prefer the foot to be a bit elevated. At a shrunked 5" 8.5," I'm still taller than Tom. User height MIGHT make a difference in preferences, along with the tree distance, etc. The hammock does NOT need to be strung tightly, just set up to not slip much. The way the hammock body and ridge line tie into the hanging ropes sets the curve of the hammock, tight or slightly loose. Tying a Hennessy too tightly could cause the ridgeline to snap under the user's weight, especially if bouncing to roll over.
    Rosaleen

Hennessy Hammock afficionado and supporter.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    When I lay diagonal there forms a crease between the center of the hammock and the foot end "side walls" of the hammock...that in which my feet slip right in to this crevasse thus the cramming of the feet.
    The "crevasse" comment between the center of the hammock and the wall makes me think it is strung too tightly. There will always be a little gathering in the middle, but it shouldn't be a really sharp ridge. Try loosening everything up and see if the "slope" into the crevasse becomes less severe.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Hennessy Hammocks have a structural ridgeline, so hanging them too tight should only affect the tension on the SRL (and risk snapping it). The shape and sag of the hammock should remain unchanged.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Down
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I agree 100% . im 5'11 and i feel a little cramped sometimes. I think most people would agree the explorer is the one to pick unless your a smaller individual
    Also agreed. I'm about 6'3" and I accidentally pushed my feet through the netting of mine. That could happen to anybody but my feet were always against it and it was just a matter of time. I am/was way too tall for that model.
    My Flickr photos Outdoors collection

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by more View Post
    Also agreed. I'm about 6'3" and I accidentally pushed my feet through the netting of mine. That could happen to anybody but my feet were always against it and it was just a matter of time. I am/was way too tall for that model.
    haha wow man thats crazy!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast