DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up Fronkey-Zombie-SHT thru hike-O-Rama

Hear we go! Me and Backpacking zombie have been planning a thru-hike of the Superior Hiking trail in late August/early September and are throwing an open invite to any experienced hikers who want to join us on this adventure.

It's 248 miles of trail filled with beautiful scenery and one fantastic journey. The plan is to do it in 12-14 days with hiking around 16-20 miles each day. We have spreadsheets made with planned mileage and where we plan on camping for the night too.

I know it can be tough to get off that much free time, but even if you can only make it for part of the trip, it would be fun to have some fellow forum members along for the ride!

Fronkey

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    make it 2012 and i'm in -i have too many trips planned already this year but sounds like a good time and not too far from home-have fun

I would very much like to join in, but will not be able to.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    too far from home
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    hope it all goes well for you. personally i'm now looking for another trail after 4 years and five trips i've managed to complete from county road 131? just north of demonstration forest to otter lake road. in a year or two i'll finish the SHT after they have the trail completed through to duluth.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTramp View Post
    make it 2012 and i'm in -i have too many trips planned already this year but sounds like a good time and not too far from home-have fun
    If you make it down there next year, let me know and I will for sure join you for part of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    I would very much like to join in, but will not be able to.
    It is kind of short notice for a trip this big. Next time you make it up to SHT, Kiba and I will be happy to meet up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    too far from home
    That is true. But, I am planning on going to Linville Gorge next year. So, we can hit up the trail then.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    hope it all goes well for you. personally i'm now looking for another trail after 4 years and five trips i've managed to complete from county road 131? just north of demonstration forest to otter lake road. in a year or two i'll finish the SHT after they have the trail completed through to duluth.
    Thanks dude. I am going up there in 2 weeks for a few days and maybe one more trip before I do the thru-hike. We are starting from the North and working our way down. You should check out the PCT. That place just looks so beautiful to me. You will need to get bigger tree straps though.

Fronkey

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    just let me know and id be glad to meet ya at the gorge next year. havent got to try it yet
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    CF
    Insulation
    GLP 3/4 special
    Suspension
    DG whoops/huggers
    yeah, Fronk, keep me in the loop on a gorge trip. an hour from the house ;-)

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I may be able to join you for some of it. Keep me posted on dates. Are you going north to south?
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    just let me know and id be glad to meet ya at the gorge next year. havent got to try it yet
    Neither have I. Looks like a great time and it will be fun to hang out with the Gorge rats too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTiles View Post
    yeah, Fronk, keep me in the loop on a gorge trip. an hour from the house ;-)
    Sure will dude. I haven't decided if I'm driving or flying. But, if I drive I am going to bring my bike and we can do some backwoods biking too!

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I may be able to join you for some of it. Keep me posted on dates. Are you going north to south?
    I sure will. We should have it figured out in the next week or so. If I make it up to SHT early enough to catch you, we can talk about it more then. Also, we were planning on going from north to south and we have a pretty good idea of where will be on each day. So, meeting up should be pretty easy. Hope to see you up there.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast