Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    GG w/ homemade SPE
    Suspension
    Ring buckles
    Images
    As it turns out, my wife will be working those nights and I will need to stay home with the little one. Bummed that I won't be able to make it, but I hope to catch up with everyone on the next trip.

Have fun!
    "Even cowards can endure hardship; only the brave can endure suspense." -Mignon McLaughlin

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SilNylon
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Put me down for 2-3 people. Have my wife and a friend who want to join up for this.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Lukesteg and I hit camp C last night as we do frequently. Though the camps spots are fairly seperated, I counted 10 decent hang spots not including "stealth" or rightside the camp area spots. I'm sure it'll be enough for us all and we'll make it work.

Whoever it will be a weekend and even with last nights predicted storms there were 3 other groups of 2 people. Meaning 3 out of the 6ish areas were taken. Who ever gets there first please tryl to get the first spot (its big) after you pass the latrine so no matter where we hang we can have a nice spot to hang out and have a fire.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    Who ever gets there first please tryl to get the first spot (its big) after you pass the latrine so no matter where we hang we can have a nice spot to hang out and have a fire.
    Will do.

Moe-z and I are meeting up with Diva B and son Friday at 5ish so that should make us the first set of our group there.

I know the large spot you are referring to and agree that it is probably the best spot for a group.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SilNylon
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Right, quick question for everyone... is everyone ok with dogs? Our dog (tonks, 8 mon old mutt) loves going camping with us. She has been an doll on all of her trips thus far.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodumas View Post
    Right, quick question for everyone... is everyone ok with dogs? Our dog (tonks, 8 mon old mutt) loves going camping with us. She has been an doll on all of her trips thus far.
    How is she with other dogs?

We were planning on bringing our 6 year old terrier mix.

Oscar comes with us nearly every backpacking trip we do. He came to the spring OHang and did great with everyone.

He is great with other dogs.

Let me know.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I'm not bringing any on this trip since we will have enough on our hands with the "learning curve" so to speak. I have no problem with dogs (we have been raising them for years (but getting out of the biz http://www.divab-dogs.com)...and have 10 house dogs. I'm a firm believer in leashes when around others and out and about...so then there are no issues with other dogs, or people who may not be happy about them. Solves many issues in many ways along with keeping them safe also.

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    As this is my first with you guys, how do you usually eat? I was planning on usual trail rations, but if you wish I can bring in some larger pots and pans and a stove; or charcoal.
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1ecoyote View Post
    As this is my first with you guys, how do you usually eat? I was planning on usual trail rations, but if you wish I can bring in some larger pots and pans and a stove; or charcoal.
    Normally we all just plan and do our own meals. It's not unusual for everyone to gather around to watch each other cook and play around with gear. Sometimes snacks get passed around(OREOS!). Once we spent some time pondering the design and execution of the ever ingenious Pringle.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    hennessy scout
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Normally we all just plan and do our own meals. It's not unusual for everyone to gather around to watch each other cook and play around with gear. Sometimes snacks get passed around(OREOS!). Once we spent some time pondering the design and execution of the ever ingenious Pringle.
    wow! now i wish i was going i hate to miss the chance for some deep conversation about chips!

also when we stayed at camp c there are a few more campig spots down near where the trail meets right by the water. i think thats point b im just going from memory. but we actually set up behind a hill in anticipation of a storm there. also because we didnt realize camoing was at c til after we passed it later. so if u run out of spots keep that in mind.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast