Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing

Whoopie Sling Issue

Not long ago there was a thread that brought up the issue of a BB developing a tense crease under the left leg around the calf area. This happened to me last year when I changed my suspension system from tree huggers and cinch buckles to whoopies and I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. I need help remedying this because the hang just isn't as comfy as it used to be, and I find my leg goes numb after some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I still can't figure out how one system would feel different that another unless during the swap the ridgelne length was somehow changed. Many threads have discussed shortening the ridgeline and elevating the foot higher than the head as a starting point.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Cogneato - Just wondering if you missed that little loop at the end when you switched suspensions?
    You may also want to check how the ridge line leaves the bundle. I messed up a nice lie on a different brand of hammock after I swapped out a same length ridge line. I finally figured out that the new ridge line was twisting the gathered end as it was pulled to one side, slightly rotating the gather off to the opposite side. I reconfigured the attachment so it came straight over the top and the problem was solved. I know the BB runs the ridge line back thru the gather so this should NOT be a problem, but you may want to check just to make sure there is not a twist of the gather. FWIW
    Good luck,
    Jason

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    If you had a comfy hang before and now it's not comfy, I wouldn't recommend changing RL length.

I have found that tighter suspension or different hang angles affect calf ridge in the hammock. Try tweaking those.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright View Post
    Cogneato - Just wondering if you missed that little loop at the end when you switched suspensions?
    You may also want to check how the ridge line leaves the bundle. I messed up a nice lie on a different brand of hammock after I swapped out a same length ridge line. I finally figured out that the new ridge line was twisting the gathered end as it was pulled to one side, slightly rotating the gather off to the opposite side. I reconfigured the attachment so it came straight over the top and the problem was solved. I know the BB runs the ridge line back thru the gather so this should NOT be a problem, but you may want to check just to make sure there is not a twist of the gather. FWIW
    Good luck,
    Jason
    I don't believe I missed it. My brother Sonic showed me and helped me through the process so that part I'm sure was done properly. It's probably my angle and I may need my foot end higher than what I set it already.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    If you had a comfy hang before and now it's not comfy, I wouldn't recommend changing RL length.

I have found that tighter suspension or different hang angles affect calf ridge in the hammock. Try tweaking those.
    Well I can't change my ridgeline length because I dont know how too!! I've looked for threads on how to shorten it but I've had no luck. I usually hang with a taut ridge line. Maybe I need to sag it a bit.

• + New Posts