Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Nano 7 design and specs changed?

There would seem to be a new product with the old name.

Motivated to check on the Nano 7 by claims here that another hammock was small, I was surprised by what I find at the Grand Trunk web page
    It illustrates this hammock with a short length of cord, and then lists it as including rope. "* Includes rope and ultralight Mad Rock Wire Bent Carabiners."

Further, it labels the rip-stop nylon in the bed as 1.7 oz. Do the arithmetic on 4 square yards of fabric, and see that marketing statements are out of sync with the current product. It can't all be included within 7.4 oz total unless the included rope is .1 lb Dynaglide or the package includes some anti-gravity.

It would seem that this hammock has changed, significantly, I believe the fabric of the earlier and gray Nano I have is so sheer and light it is 1.1 oz rip-stop.

I'll keep noting significant differences between mfg claims and indisputable reality. Not between good and evil; just actual vs claimed.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-04-2011 at 09:38. Reason: anti-gravity

Images
    Interesting indeed. I have the GT Ultralight and it is definitely 1.1 nylon.

I own a Nano (apparently the old version now) and I wonder how the new one feels, bet the 1.7 stretch isn't close to what the old fabric stretches too!?

Wonder why they decided to change the fabric? I know there were a couple failures noted here on HF, maybe there were others that were reported to GT which prompted the change???
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    By the arithmetic, it is not possible for the Nano 7 to come in at under 7oz complete any longer and be made with 1.7oz nylon. That's why I stipulated that they had to have included anti-gravity in the package. The carabiners weigh 7/8 oz each.

I suspect that the listing of fabric weight is incorrect, that it is still 1.1oz material. Further, that it is still 8ft long, not 9ft as listed, as the longer size would be a "product improvement" GT would talk up. Further, the included rope may be nothing but that (6"?) piece shown in the advert. Or, maybe where the package used to be 6.7 oz, maybe now it is only the hammock that weighs so little. In fact, that is all the new description claims..

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    From Jeff Neff at Grand Trunk:

Jon Neff to me
    2:46 PM (7 minutes ago)

<snip>

The length of the NANO is 9'

The width is 4'

TOTAL product weight is 7.4 ounces

The material is 1.27 ounce ripstop nylon

It holds up to 300lbs

Hanging kit is NOT included

Mad-Rock climbing grade carabiners ARE included, althought the brand will change in the near future

I'm working on hunting down my web guy to get everything updated and cohesive, he's very elusive! Because GT has been growing at a very aggressive rate, things slip through the cracks sometimes and where we think we've made changes and done updates, they haven't been done. So, thank you for being on the ball and bringing this to my attention. The way we are perceived is of the UTMOST importanace, i appreciate you reaching out and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Cheers,
    Jon
    Comment:

In short, the Nano 7 is now reported to be longer, 9 feet. The one I purchased in May 2011 is just over 8 ft long.

The fabric is 1.27 nylon not 1.7 nylon at the web page.

9 X 4 = 36sq ft = 4 sq yd.
    4 x 1.27 = 5 oz.
    And the carabiners weigh > 1 oz each.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-29-2011 at 15:37. Reason: correction in arithmetic

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

Weird

My first Nano was purchased March 2011, I just got another Nano and they are identical. Both 9 feet long and about 5oz Unrigged. Don't know if mine are both the old style or what?

~S~

• + New Posts