DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    when it gets there you will be a VERY happy person
    i see alot of people from overseas order something and it take forever to get there

but never fear it will

it took over a month to get an item from canada and i live 6 hours from canada LOL ....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Sorry must have misread the OP!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    when it gets there you will be a VERY happy person
    i see alot of people from overseas order something and it take forever to get there

but never fear it will

it took over a month to get an item from canada and i live 6 hours from canada LOL ....
    Actually,I've found the opposite until now. I've had items turn up from the states quicker than packages from within my own state. Just over a week ago another USPS Priority mail turned up at my door from the states in 8 days from order date. I've had items in the past turn up at my door in 4 days from the states, the longest I've ever had to wait in the past was just over one week. I've placed a number of orders in the past year for new camping gear and never had any issues with freight being held up for so long before being released.

Two weeks that package was held onto before released for postage. Maybe USPS accidentally misplaced it at there depots. I've had this happen a while back here in Australia. A laptop I ordered from Sydney never turned up in the post. 4 weeks later it was found behind a door at the truck depot, so I been told.

Another USPS priority order from another supplier left on the 15th July, so far nothings turned up, this is the longest I've ever had to wait for a package. Online tracking on that order has indicated it not gone through the sorting process thus far. I am assuming that order is lost.

Some say USPS Priority International Mail don't have online tracking, from what I see they do have some level of online tracking. Basically items are tracked till there released from the sorting station, after that there no more tracking.

In the past I've mainly use Fedex. Fedex offer a exceptional service. It's a option I always use even if it costs me more. Unfortunately a lot of the cottage industries don't offer this service.

I've found USPS do be very confusing.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I've found USPS do be very confusing

So do I and I use them all the time.

Hope you get your package soon so you can enjoy your new toy.

also...welcome to the BB clan
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Actually,I've found the opposite until now. I've had items turn up from the states quicker than packages from within my own state. Just over a week ago another USPS Priority mail turned up at my door from the states in 8 days from order date. I've had items in the past turn up at my door in 4 days from the states, the longest I've ever had to wait in the past was just over one week. I've placed a number of orders in the past year for new camping gear and never had any issues with freight being held up for so long before being released.

Two weeks that package was held onto before released for postage. Maybe USPS accidentally misplaced it at there depots. I've had this happen a while back here in Australia. A laptop I ordered from Sydney never turned up in the post. 4 weeks later it was found behind a door at the truck depot, so I been told.

Another USPS priority order from another supplier left on the 15th July, so far nothings turned up, this is the longest I've ever had to wait for a package. Online tracking on that order has indicated it not gone through the sorting process thus far. I am assuming that order is lost.

Some say USPS Priority International Mail don't have online tracking, from what I see they do have some level of online tracking. Basically items are tracked till there released from the sorting station, after that there no more tracking.

In the past I've mainly use Fedex. Fedex offer a exceptional service. It's a option I always use even if it costs me more. Unfortunately a lot of the cottage industries don't offer this service.

I've found USPS do be very confusing.
    see i can say the same about Fedex... and UPS i had nothing but problems with both ... your problem is not with USPS it's with US customs ... sometimes items go through no problem and then you get that one that get held up ... nothing you can do about it but wait till they release it
    my father in law is a mail man and thats what he told me when mine from canada did not show up... give it time... it happens
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Bummer that it is hung up. I hope that it makes it's way to you soon...

In my experience, I would much prefer the USPS as to FedEx or UPS, at least in the States. I love me some USPS priority mail...

Many a times have I had troubles getting my packages from UPS or FedEx (and more so from UPS) but only twice has the USPS messed up, and really once doesn't count. I was expecting my ULA Circuit to arrive on Christmas Eve last year. However, since this is such a busy time, it got put back a full business day. Then not too long ago, my Skyscape Trekker got mailed to a different state, but there again, at least they rushed it and it was only a full business day late too...

I have had a few items ship to me from overseas, and all of it I believe was via USPS Priority. A Jag Bag silk liner shipped from New Zealand in less than a week (actually twice because they sent me another one after the first one). I also have a Kupilka 21 cup that shipped from Finland and also arrived in exactly 1 week.

However, I recently purchased a Wa-Ben cuben fiber wallet which is shipping from Hong Kong. It is shipping some form of USPS, and by tracking it through the Hong Kong Post, it seems that it has processed through a sort facility in Hong Kong on 8/3 and no word after that. When he emailed me he told me that it may be up to a 2.5 week hold up (due to customs maybe?) So, I don't know. I will just wait and see.
    Jus' Sayin'

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    I find getting stuff sent down here from you guys up there is like flipping a coin.

Some stuff has turned up in DAYS, (as in less than a week, I just know someone would say something about 7 days to a week etc etc....... coz I'm normally "that guy" )

Then, I have waited over a month for some stuff, and size has been of no great indicator either.

Best of luck me ole china plate.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123