Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for the phone number.

I don't in any way mean this to be against Brandon, that's not my intention. Sorry if it appeared that way. I will think before I post in the future, If I had problems with Brandon, I would have contacted him personally.

This is against the USPS service. How could they sit on a product for almost 3 weeks before sending?

Brandon quoted to me a while back that the package was picked up on the 19th or 20th by USPS.

USPS have sat on this product all this time before clearing it, I'm just trying to work out what the go is here and how does this all work, once an item is picked up from the supplier. It's the first time I've used USPS postal service.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What time is it over there now? I'm going to call USPS service.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I do truly feel sorry, I have offended you guys, I'll go back and hide under a rock now. At home sick in bed today with the flu. Not a good day.

If a moderator could change the heading to USPS slow. Or something to that effect. That would be great.

Images
    It's all good. It's 9 pm here, so a bit late for calling USPS.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    while no on-hand experience.. i've seen these usps shipping overseas threads before.. and then about 1-2 weeks later... everyone is happy with their new gear. as mentioned, sometimes stuff sits on customs or whatever... and snail mail eventually arrives.

instantaneous communication and virtual living has absconded time and energy... waiting is pain... and i hope your wb stuff arrives soon.. because...whooof, it is the creme de le creme.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    DIY HH clone sorta
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10ish mess
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft UQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps w/whoop
    Images
    You have to remember that they have to change ponies a lot to make it over there. They just don't swim that far...
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Now that I know my Warbonnet gear is somewhere over the ocean on it's way to me. I've planned a one week hike, permits already paid for. I hope my gear turns up in time for the hike, I'll be lucky if I get the items if all goes well with customs with just a few days before leaving for my hike, seeing this is all new for me, I have never tried a hammock such as the warbonnet blackbird, to be honest I can't even remember ever laying on a hammock. I wonder if it's wise I should take the hammock with me, but there's no way I'll be doing that. Plans are to take the hammock, no matter what.

I don't know how I'll be putting all this together or what ropes to use. If I'm lucky I'll have one to three days available to sort out the hammock and work out the ropes etc.

Looking at warbonnets videos on his website, I think I'll go purchase some cheap rope up town and tie the tarp as shown in the videos, looks simple enough to me. Ordered the tree/line straps with my blackbird hammock, hoping to use the whoopieslings but I doubt they will arrive here in time for my trip, or even if they will get here.

Will be a huge learning curve for me in such a short time. Anything else I should know?

I'm so much looking forward to my hammock arriving. Just wish I had more time to try out before the trip. I'm guessing I probably should spend a night in the backyard before leaving for my hike.

Any slight delay with customs, the items will not arrive in time for my trip, so I guess I'll have nothing to worry about with the above, I'll take my trusty tent.
    Last edited by Phillipsart; 08-06-2011 at 07:17.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    All good things comes to those that wait!

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post
    I have had several USPS packages that once they left the US there were no further updates... ever... It just showed up one day. I've learned that if your going to go USPS you save a bunch of money, but the suspense will kill you.

Dan.
    That makes sense, the USPS turns the package over to the local postal service to finish delivery so they no longer control it.

Images
    Hope the hammock arrives on time! There is a learning curve with using a hammock, so be patient and observant. I'm sure you've watched some of the how to and trip videos posted on here. All good stuff but nothing like getting out there and doing it. I'm sure you'll be fine and have an awesome trip though - providing shipment arrives in time!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast