Dangerbird or WBBB
    Tarp
    4 s Cuben Z-packs
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Some of everything
    Images
    I need to do that section yet, unfortunately i have plans for next weekend.
    Experts are the ones who think they know everything. Geniuses are the ones who know they don't.

You need seek no rocky summit, for these high places are within you.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks

Might have to push back to 8/13-8/14

This morning when I started this thread it looked like it would not be a problem to take off Friday. I just spoke to the boss and it looks like we might actually have work for 8/12 so I may have to push back to 8/13-8/14. From the department of redundancy department I’m sorry for the mix-up. I should know by close of business Monday or Tues at the latest as to whether or not I need to push the date back. One of the big reasons I’m trying to get out this weekend is it is the Perseids Meteor shower with up to 60 shooting stars per hour. The only bad part about the meteor shower is it will be a full moon so some of the fainter one might be a harder to see. On an unpleasant note I was informed by a HF member that there is no camping allowed at Dan’s Pulpit and that some of his friends have been given $300 fines so Eckville shelter it is.

2Q’s - Thanks for the advice but I’m trying to get the millage in for finishing Pa this year and now wtith the news about the fine I will be hanging at the Eckville shelter. That is an awesome picture for sure.

Atreus – That would be great if you could come along. My original plan was to stash my bike at Pa 309 and ride the 20 miles back to Port Clinton so if it works for you and you want to shuttle I would be glad to pitch in for gas money. Just send me a PM if you are still interested and I will try to work out the logistics.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    you can camp within 200 feet of the AT on game lands but not on watershed land(i just checked again)... most of the land in that section if i remember is watershed
    but i know the Game Com. has a bug up there rear for some reason cause there has been a few ppl fined for stealth camping in the area
    so just be careful and try to stay close to the trail
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    G.L.P warned us that people have been given fines for camping in that region. I need to talk to him more about just where it was. He posted that you are allowed to camp within 200 feet of the AT on state game lands. I did some research myself and came up with the same result. Here is the link I found http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/05...5/s135.42.html I know it’s posted no camping at the pinnacle (as it is part of the Hamburg watershed) but according to what I found out about the AT in Pa if Dan’s Pulpit is within 200 feet of the trail we should be able to hang there. Even if the trail is 400 yards from the view I would still like to camp just of the trail and walk out to the pulpit to see the show if the skies are clear

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers

Maybe

If you're able to do the 12+13, I may be able to go. We have to move my daughter to Pitt on the 14th, so that day is out. Let us know and we could figure out a way to get cars at both ends. (Daughter says I can go, Wife not so much...)

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    G.L.P warned us that people have been given fines for camping in that region. I need to talk to him more about just where it was. He posted that you are allowed to camp within 200 feet of the AT on state game lands. I did some research myself and came up with the same result. Here is the link I found http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/05...5/s135.42.html I know it’s posted no camping at the pinnacle (as it is part of the Hamburg watershed) but according to what I found out about the AT in Pa if Dan’s Pulpit is within 200 feet of the trail we should be able to hang there. Even if the trail is 400 yards from the view I would still like to camp just of the trail and walk out to the pulpit to see the show if the skies are clear
    i think dan's pulpit is border line on the watershed land ... let me look at my local map i'll get back to you on it ...

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    i think dan's pulpit is border line on the watershed land ... let me look at my local map i'll get back to you on it ...
    On my KTA map the Water shed lands look like they stop at a point traveling NOBO at the Pinnacle Spur trail junction. Then after leaving State Game lands the AT enters State Game lands again as you start the climb up to Dan’s Pulpit. After talking to Atreus we will probably just hang at Eckville Shelter to split the millage into 14.5 the first day and 11 the second. That would also keep day one down to one climb (sort of) and the second climb on the second day.

Pro Vagabond- I should know more by Tues at the latest.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    On my KTA map the Water shed lands look like they stop at a point traveling NOBO at the Pinnacle Spur trail junction. Then after leaving State Game lands the AT enters State Game lands again as you start the climb up to Dan’s Pulpit. After talking to Atreus we will probably just hang at Eckville Shelter to split the millage into 14.5 the first day and 11 the second. That would also keep day one down to one climb (sort of) and the second climb on the second day.

Pro Vagabond- I should know more by Tues at the latest.
    cool for some reason the site i use to use won't open ...
    i couldn't remember where what started it's been over a year since the last time i did that section

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Leigh's 3 Season
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    I'll break out my trail map tonight. Send me a msg to confirm either way that we're still on.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    Got to work on Friday so we will be on the trail Saturday am 8/13 till Sunday pm 8/14. Atreus I will pm you with the logistics.
    Peace
    Gris

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast