Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I had a blast I'll have a trip report up later tonight once I get a chance to sit down ....
    Got to see old friends and make some new ones and I found my long lost brother long story lol ..... It will be in the trip report
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Hennessey H Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Washington 4
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckle
    Made it home safe and sound. Had a grand time once again. The weather was perfect, the food was sinful, and seeing friends both old and new was awesome. Thanks one and all. Looking forward to next year already.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Back from the hang. What a good time. Much thanks to Iafte, Stick, Stalker, Joe and any others who worked to make this great event happen (again). Congrats to Stick for winning the bacon themed cook off. Those venison tenderloins were a work of art. And thanks to everyone who contributed a bacon item for all of us to share. Yum.

Days were mild and at night it got down to 28F Friday and 22F Saturday.

Here's a link to my pics of the event.

NJ Winter Hang 2012
    you took some great pics Knotty ... it was very nice to finally meet you
    i'm working on a trip report right now LOL... i still need to upload the video to edit it

Hammock
    HH Backpacker, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Wish List: Cuben
    Insulation
    0 degree incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Debbie and I made it back to WV. Thanks to everyone for such a great time. I can't wait till the Spring MAHH and the next Winter Hang. Knotty thanks for the pictures. I have some I will try and post later. Hang on my friends

Images
    Had a great time a usual. Maple, Sweetbabyd, Silversurfer, Bob Mac, Kaia and I went on a hike Saturday to Hampton Furnace. Food was superb Sat. nite. Nice seeing old and new friends.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...vhost=outdoors

Will do a trip report of the "HIKE OF 100 PUDDLES"
    Last edited by kayak karl; 01-31-2012 at 09:47.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Had to take a nano-nap when I got home. What a blast! All that bacon was indeed sinful - my arteries were screaming. I could hear Paula Deen's arteries screaming back in sympathy pain.

A few things from this hang I won't soon forget:

1. I plummeted to earth when testing the hang of my hammock. I didn't adequately secure the whoopie sling on the marlin spike hitch (on the knot, not the toggle).

I was far enough away from the campfire I thought nobody saw it happen, but of course there were witnesses. Judges gave me across-the-board 9.9 scores on the dismount. Pretty sure that would have been gold medal scores (if there were other competitors).

2. Kayak Karl took us on The Hike of 100 Puddles, to Hampton Furnace. It was an awesome hike except for the puddles, which were more like lakes. On the way back to Batona, we took an alternate route along abandoned railroad tracks - it was great to see Mother Nature winning a battle against mankind for once, reclaiming the forest. Kayak Karl gave us our own personal railroad spike as a memento. Lots of fun hiking with Karl, Kaia, Maple, Bob Mac and Sweetbabyd.

While bushwacking around a puddle, Bob Mac was attacked by a vicious thorn bush that went straight for the crotch. I think the plant was part Venus Fly Trap. Bob Mac's voice was an octave higher after the encounter.

2. I witnessed the birth of the Pleasure Me Elmo doll. Squeeze his tummy and Elmo says surprising things that can't be mentioned on a family-oriented forum. And he's also a great source of insulation for your hammock.

GLP has offered to make these dolls for HF members. However, he won't be opening a cottage industry - he'll just make the dolls for friends. Available in ripstop, silnylon or cuben fiber shell, filled with 900 fill goose down. Let's keep this on the QT so GLP doesn't run into copyright infringement problems with Fisher-Price or Sesame Street. PM GLP if you're interested in one of these dolls.

3. Hans and Franz spent the entire weekend pumping up girly men. I think GLP and Silent Orpheus actually began to believe they were Hans and Franz. For anyone who sleeps on inflatable pads, invite these guys to your next hang and they will pump you up.

4. I'm waiting to hear more about the Submersible Subaru. With four jeeps at their disposal, a group of hangers instead chose a Subaru for their late night off-roading adventures, with somewhat predictable results (dead, wet Subie). We expect the full story on this Tale of the Submersible Subaru.

Can't wait for next year!

Images

6th PBWH Food groups contest

At the end of the evening we talked about food contests for next year and different categories.
    so Please start thInking now what you might votE for.

TY KK
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    BWHAHAHAHAH SS i forgot about the Elmo Bit HAHAHAHAH
    thanks for reminding me LOL

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    web,biners
    I had to jet early, (family stuff), but I had a good time, those two German guys were a riot! I enjoyed meeting all of you!

Great time with old friends, made new friends and ate some AWESOME food, Stick the venison was down right delicious, Iafte, dude the B. Bomb was fantastic, Dylan the fish was the best I've ever had, and everything else was just Jersey Licious!
    Knotty, hope the quilt adjustment worked for ya????

Sweet pic's all, hope to make this hang again next year!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts
  • Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast