Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Evazote Pads
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Hmm...I've never slept vertically. Not even in a hammock.
    BAHAHA! I can just imagine that advertising scheme: "Introducing the new Verti-Hammock - the only hammock that allows vertical sleeping! Now YOU can sleep just as comfortably as your bear bag does!"

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    there's also a lot of suspension lines to get tangled ..... and the pic doesn't do a lot for me. I do appreciate an Exped guy coming to the forum though. I've talked with them on a number of times sorting out this and that. They are a good bunch of guys, and they were right on top of this post, so they are out there looking, watching and getting feed back. Nice!

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I think it means we've hit the big time!
    it is nice of them to include all the components, hammock, tarp net (removable) so you can grab and go; 60 oz seems a reasonable weight for everything but your insulation.
    KM(who thinks a more modular approach would allow for variable conditions, but that's just MHO)

PS can't wait to see how their patent application works out, what with all the R&D archived on this site..

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Color me unimpressed and in no hurry to add it to my hammock trove.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Once I win the lottery I'll buy one... and a Clark Vertex too.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The pic above looks like the bugnet would be quite close to your face when it is occupied. Perhaps that's an illusion, though.

The orientation of the fabric bed should allow hanging from trees that are quite close together indeed. That might make it possible to use tarp shapes that hammockers don't typically favor.

Interesting concept. I'm sure we'll see more info once they are available for sale.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    It seems like that mass of ropes on the side suspensions would get tangled. Half the time I can't even mange the side tie outs on my blackbird without making a mess of it. I'm quite talented with rope that way.

Images

Exped Ergo hammock reply

In response to an email I sent to Exped on their listing their new hammock as the first asym. horizontal lay hammock. My email to them noted that while it looks like a very nice hammock, advertising this as the first hammock to provide a horizontal asyemetrical sleep is not true. I pointed out the various other hammock manufacturers, and the fact that many hammock users often tought the fact of how well the sleep horizontally or on their sides in these different hammocks. I noted that it should state how comfortable it is to lay horizontally in a hammock, but they are not the first to create this. Kaj's response simple states his apology for his enthusiasm and has corrected this listing on the sites blog about the new hammock.

I invited Kaj to join hammockforums, which he said he would. He's going on a paddling / hammock trip this weekend and will post a report and photos upon his return.

Hi Joe:

Thanks very much for your email and your words of wisdom. You are entirely right in your criticism of my blog post and I wholeheartedly apologize
    to you and the community of expert users you represent. We certainly meant no disrespect to them or to other manufacturers and I've changed the
    blog post to reflect a more humble approach. When I wrote this up yesterday I wanted to speak directly to the many potential hammock users who
    are not as well versed in hammock use and I clearly stepped over the line a bit in my enthusiasm. Thanks for speaking up and giving me a chance to explain.

In developing the Ergo, Exped founder and product guy, Andy Brun (cc'd on this email) , worked very closely with a user in Switzerland who came to him with
    the initial idea. This gent is a Swiss geologist who had gone through many prototypes. In fact, he is planning to do the PCT next year with the Ergo as his shelter and we're
    looking forward to following his trip. This is an example of how we develop the vast majority of our products - close cooperation with expert users. For a small company
    like us it is a very important thing.

Once again, I apologize for my over-enthusiastic approach to my blog post. Just so you know, my penance for this transgression is to go paddling for a week and
    spend as much time in the hammock as possible.

Thanks again for keeping me in line and feel free to contact us any time.

Sincerely,

Kaj Bune
    Director of Marketing
    Exped LLC (North America)
    Seattle, Washington
    Phone: 866.326.4586 x 12
    Fax: 866.633.2406
    [email protected]

www.exped.com
    www.expedlife.com
    www.garbagescows.com
    www.thefamilypaddles.com

Become a fan of Exped on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Exped-...3447121?ref=ts
    Last edited by Joey; 08-09-2011 at 17:51.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Why don't you post the email you sent, along with that reply? We're only seeing half of the story.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Why don't you post the email you sent, along with that reply? We're only seeing half of the story.
    I don't have a copy of the email I sent, so I edited my post above to generalize what I said, which better explains the response. As well I added an additional response I got from Kaj who may join this forum.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast