Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings

KAQ Lost River on a Hennessy Expedition Zip

Mr. Postman came to visit today with a package from Idaho {dancing on the front porch}

My KAQ Lost River UQ arrived with super speed. I got out the Hennessy Expedition Zip for a test drive and I like it! It covers me from shoulders to below the knees and adjusts nicely with the shock cord suspension and drawstrings. I was able to get a no-gap install with very little fiddle factor.

It came with a great silnylon stuff sack and the neatest little micro-biners. The weight was right on the money. The coyote brown goes well with the Hennessy green.

I did use my shock-cord-and-mitten loops from my undercover suspension to tie into the Hennessy asym tie-outs. It works fine without, but I think it adds about 10% to keeping the UQ stable and spread out on the Hennessy design. I found out that it works best running the shock cords above the suspension. I can see the value of the UQ Triangle Thingies for getting the geometry right on a shorter UQ. http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/1633323

It's warm! I could feel it right away. This will be my summer go-to rig and I would go three season with my poncho undercover and maybe a space blanket. I will be adding a small CCF foam pad for my lower legs and feet; a Therm-A-Rest Z-seat sit pad will make a perfect combo.

Now I have to tear it all down and try it with my Grand Trunk Ultralight.

The photo is with no occupant, so take that into account. Nice job Arrowhead!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    the lost river is a great quilt.

passed mine onto demostix... but the ahe anniversary jarbridge is pulling me right back in to some of pauls synthetic line.

the only thing i personally found a little difficult after using HG and WB channel suspension underquilts.. was the lost river adjustment along the length of the hammock. but ... once its locked in.... warm goodness commences!!!

great quilt! cool color too!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    All it really took for adjustment was to let the bottom shock cord out all the way and give the top one a good tweak. That landed the quilt at the top of my shoulders and it ends just below my knees. I'm 5'10" and I typically lay in the Hennessy with the asym pull-out just below my elbow.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    How's the mail guy get to the house since the hammocks been hanging over the front sidewalk for the last month?

Congrats on a fine quilt!
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    How's the mail guy get to the house since the hammocks been hanging over the front sidewalk for the last month?

Congrats on a fine quilt!

Mailbox is out front and the paperboy has learned to toss the paper over my hammock and onto the porch at 3 AM

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings

KAQ Lost River with GTUL

Here is the Lost River hung on my Grand Trunk UL.

The GTUL takes more of a taco shape and the suspension could use the triangle thingies to get the right angle of pull. I came up with a work-around by putting a prusik loop on the ridge line, ran the hammock suspension through the UQ shock cords, and used the prusiks to locate the shock cord biner. This works just fine for me. Mind, this won't work on a hammock with an integrated bug screen.

The bug sock is all I need to complete this setup and I have Papa Smurf taking care of that for me

With that Hennessy tarp, the modified GTUL, the future bug sock and the Lost River, I have a 46oz kit. Add my 32oz mummy bag and I have a complete shelter and sleep system that is under 5 pounds. Not freaky light, but very workable.

A Cuben tarp would cut 5.6oz off and increase the weather coverage a lot. A top quilt would shave a little more. As it is, the whole rig cost less than a Cuben tarp would.

As shown:

Grand Trunk UL hammock
    6' whoopie slings
    1.5"x42" Hennessy tree straps
    Camp Nano carabiners
    Hennessy XL cape tarp
    Dynaglide whoopie-style ridge line
    Dynaglide ridge line guys
    Kelty TripTease side guys
    MSR Groundhog stakes
    KAQ Lost River UQ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Glad they fit the hennesy well. I just purchased the jarbridge while they're on sale. Btw, what's the turn around time on delivery?

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfu39 View Post
    Glad they fit the hennesy well. I just purchased the jarbridge while they're on sale. Btw, what's the turn around time on delivery?
    Better check with Paul on that one--- no telling what his schedule and orders are like. It was fast for a made-to-order item. I ordered 8/5 and got it 8/11. Can't ask for better than that.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    the lost river is a great quilt.

passed mine onto demostix... but the ahe anniversary jarbridge is pulling me right back in to some of pauls synthetic line.

the only thing i personally found a little difficult after using HG and WB channel suspension underquilts.. was the lost river adjustment along the length of te hammock. but ... once its locked in.... warm goodness commences!!!

great quilt! cool color too!
    Yeah, even this market can get flooded, and Rip's disadvantage of two of them being on offer at the same time was to this buyer's benefit.

Not being tall, and my hammocks not terribly long, I call the fore-aft adjustment "flexibility". Lost River fits a Clark Tropical very nicely, between the cargo pockets. When the rain finally stops, I'll see if utilizing 2 or all 4 of the tie-out loops sewn to the sides of the Clark (all Clarks?) adds stability Or whether utilizing the loops sewn atop the end hoods on this Clark (and every Clark?) solves the problem the AHE "triangle thingies" addresses.

So, Clark / CJH has the UQ attachment issue well-covered.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-16-2011 at 23:17.

• + New Posts