Tarp
    Home Made Mac Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Poly Straps
    Images

Silnylon from Fabric Supplier?

I made an order earlier this week from Rachel at Fabric Supplier for some calendered ripstop nylon that I received today. I ordered 5 different colors of fabric in various yards for quilt making. When I was checking it all out, I realized the 72" Red nylon fabric I was really silnylon. The black, green, and 2 different blues ripstops were all regular calendered nylon. I have ordered silnylon from noah lamports before and this is the same stuff.

So I guess the question is for anyone that has ordered from Fabric Supplier. Has anyone else received silnylon?

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE 20 / Phoenix20
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    VERY interesting. I just received some fabric from her as well. It is a royal blue that is supposedly ripstop with DWR coating. However when I tried the blow test I was unable to get any air through the material. I haven't had the time to see if it will hold water yet. Since I've never bought ripstop with DWR coating I just assumed that it was really good DWR.

Hammock
    Home Made Hammock
    Tarp
    Home Made Mac Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Poly Straps
    Images
    I did the blow test and was able to get air through the other 4 colors but not the red. I have been fooled a few times in the past by very good DWR from walmart that turned out to just be regular calendered fabric but I have some silnylon left over from past tarp projects and this stuff is pretty spot on with the feel and hard to handle slickness of it.

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I got a batch of "WP" ripstop from them, turned out to be a light urethane coating. Passed the blow test, but in a soaking rain, it'll start dripping through. Oh well. It was cheap, and has served me quite well. I tend to go by the pictures more than the descriptions so much. I think everyone that works with fabric should order some swatch sets from the major outdoor suppliers (OWF, The Rainshed, Quest, etc.) so they can feel how the different fabrics handle and look. Pictures are good, but being able to feel them side by side is indispensable.

PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

• + New Posts