Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    What size is your Downmat 7? You will probably need the Long Wide size to prevent the mat from sliding around.

Quote Originally Posted by kona78 View Post
    Me again, i have another problem with the hammock in colder nights. yesterday i slept in the woods with a night temperature around 4 degrees Celsius. i got very cold at my back because I didn't reach the pad with my back. and another problem is, when i change my sleeping position the pad sometimes shifts on one side and i lay only half on the pad. if i inflate the pad with less air, the isolation is bad.
    The pad is a exped downmat 7.
    Is there anyone with a similar experience or with ideas how to sleep better ans warmer?

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

that's exactly my size, lw long wide. The hammovk is very cozy, but in colder nights, in my opinion, the need to shift the pad manually under you all couple of minutes is a pain in the a.. . I think the older version with the narrower pad sleeve would be better. during summer nights this hammock is a great thing.

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

Hammock
    N/A
    Exped is a bomb company! Great review!

Ive got a thread on here somewhere about trying to get my DL7LW to work with my WBRR. I was getting a lot of draft grom not making contact so I learned Id like an internal pocket. Also learned that the down inside your mat shifts around like mad and clumps up at times from packing. Hold a flashlight behind your mat in a dark room and you can see where exaftly the down is. Then you can shake it out. All this while inflated of course. Also i try to deflate about 1/4 to 1/3. Feels warmer for whatever reason.

Hammock
    HHSS
    Tarp
    HH catenary mod
    Insulation
    pad or sheep
    Suspension
    clamcleat
    I have just bought the new ergo, and there were some cords inside the padsleeve to hold the pad in place, do you have these? there is no mention of them anywhere, but they are very useful.
    I switched one night to another pad to help a fellow camper and forgot to secure the pad, i woke up besides the mat in the morning.
    And for a better insulation in the winter i will get a lightweigt poncho to cover the bugnet, it will add 300 grams, but it will keep me also dry in the rain..

Just recieved my second ergo. First one had a bad seam. None of these has any cords inside. I love the hammock but the room below is useless for storing a pad. Got the 9lw version. One can use a pad inside, but i find it a bit troublesome to get the hammock fully extended with the pad inside. Can you post a picture of these cords?

Hammock
    HHSS
    Tarp
    HH catenary mod
    Insulation
    pad or sheep
    Suspension
    clamcleat
    After 2 weeks camping in Iceland with my exped ergo, i have concluded that is not iceland-proof.
    It survived, but in a sheltered position, the open land gives al lot of wind, the tarp struggles to the deflect the energy away.
    The size of the tarp is huge, but it is lacking tie-outpoints to distribute the energy.
    Sleeping was still nice, i got also good remarks from other campers.
    IMG-20170726-WA0002.jpg
    IMG_20170806_163659.jpg
    Second pic is the inside rope for holding the mat, you can adjust for the width of your mat by tie the rope at the loops you need.
    Last edited by hangmarter; 08-06-2017 at 14:47. Reason: wrong picture

Thanks, This was very useful. I'll triple check my hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678