Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    As of right now I'm in. I told my son about it and he seems interested too. Plus I might have a few ground campers that would want to come as well (future converts possibly).

When do you need a head count by and how much was it per person?
    as of right now, i have one camp site paid for. the minimums for groups are 10 people. so aside from myself and a friend, there are 8 spots available before more money is needed. id like to come up with the money for another "site" so we can officially have more space.

the price per 10 people is 32.61, give or take a few cents. that covers the campsite for 3 days for 10 people. ive already done the first 32, and have spots in that site that are paid for. if i have the spare cash, ill go ahead and get another site at some point.

if anyone thats definitely coming could help and paypal me a little to cover the costs, i could go ahead and reserve another site.

if that all makes sense.

It would be a great help if people who are coming could help me out with $5/person to cover the site for the 3 days. $5 total will cover all 3 days per person. im not requiring it, but it would help cover the site already secured and getting another site. my paypal is [email protected], and if you would please send as a gift. once i come up with enough to get more sites ill do that (i wish i had enough to rent the entire area. would be almost 200 i think)
    Last edited by default; 08-18-2011 at 00:18.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    rev- you might want to start a spreadsheet on google docs for ppl to sign up on. It will help keep the numbers straight.

Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    as of right now, i have one camp site paid for. the minimums for groups are 10 people. so aside from myself and a friend, there are 8 spots available before more money is needed. id like to come up with the money for another "site" so we can officially have more space.

the price per 10 people is 32.61, give or take a few cents. that covers the campsite for 3 days for 10 people. ive already done the first 32, and have spots in that site that are paid for. if i have the spare cash, ill go ahead and get another site at some point.

if anyone thats definitely coming could help and paypal me a little to cover the costs, i could go ahead and reserve another site.

if that all makes sense.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    rev- you might want to start a spreadsheet on google docs for ppl to sign up on. It will help keep the numbers straight.
    heres the link...let me see what I can do
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...NpRkE&hl=en_US

if youre coming and have a guest with you as well, please include them below your name and mark with an *. i need to know the total head count just to be accurate for the park. the manager there was nice enough to talk to me about the hammocks and our special needs, so i want to make sure everything is good for him as well so we can come back with no issues. and the sooner the better chance we get more sites. thanks

also, on the sheet theres spots for people to put if they can bring or help with the potluck, if youll be doing any "vehicle" activities (bikes, water stuff) and fishing. just to get an idea of who wants to do what. those columns are for people who are bringing things to do this, not just want to (ie: bringing their kayak to do that, not " i want to kayak")

thank you all for pushing for this. I think this will be a great meet up. and heck, if im the only one there, ill have a beach all to myself for a weekend on a beautiful lake!
    Last edited by default; 08-18-2011 at 02:52.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    if you count the maybe's (theyre strong maybe's tho. the man has a plan) theres only 1 spot left of the already paid for site.

as the money becomes available, ill make room for more people. this isnt limited to size, just cash. its 32.61 per 10 people for the 3 days. ive already started on the second batch for funds, so thank you to those who contributed.

just a small reminder. this is a family and pet friendly place. if you want to bring kids, so much the better but i still need to know. there is also NO ALCOHOL at the campsite, with rangers checking occasionally.

also, some warnings, just to be safe:

*there are possibilities for "wildlife encounters" including but not limited to alligators, big mosquitoes that can carry off a small child, and snakes. please be aware and prepare.
    * there is a place called sinkhole lake. nearby, youll see 20-30ft deep holes straight into the ground. they are fenced off, but not by anything anyone cant go thru, under or over.
    * the beach that is next to the campsite is nice, but there are signs warning of sudden and steep drop offs. theres also a section that is water covered rock, that you can walk on for a good long while ( i didnt get to the edge or where it got too deep, i was mid calf in the pics). a lot is covered in very slick algae, some in clam shells (smooth ones.)

in general, keep an eye on kids and look out for nature, just as you would any place else.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for putting this together REV. I hope to be changing my status on the spreadsheet from maybe to YESSIREE very soon (say, w/in a week or so). This looks like a great spot to hang. I can't wait.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Updated spreadsheet.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    1.9 SL DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    GuideGear12x12
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart UQ 550FP
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Its been a while since I stayed there (It was pre-hammock), but from memory I think there is a boat ramp and parking for power boats too.

Most of you probably know this since this is a "local" hang, but there are a lot of submerged trees in the lake so you have to be careful when boating.

An aluminum jonboat would be best. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone was interested.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    most boats i saw were shallow type fishing boats, so yeah. id definitely warn about that.

the good news too about the boat situation, you can see the boat ramp and parking for trucks and trailers from where we hang.

i think i have some more videos, i just came back from day 2 out there (oh the sacrifices i make for you all to have a good time )

some other things, in case all the vids suck.

first, some good news and some odd news.

ive talked to the rangers out there about the "camping area #4" thing (theres something like 5 "areas"). they think, since we go where tents cant, that we can go just about wherever in the "primitive camping" area so long as we arent in the way of others that may be camping aside from us. but theres tons of trees near the water, right at the slope and other places. were on the opposite side of the restrooms and the big open area. so theyre willing to work with us.

now for the odd stuff.

alligators. last year, the found and removed (probably stuffed) a 13ft, 670lb alligator. when i went for a walk today on one of the trails (did the sinkhole pond loop.) and when i looked in this little mudhole called a pond, there were 4-1ft long babies. (i really had to stop myself from going in and grabbing one...)

so, with that in mind, i went to the beach, where id found a partial animal skeleton yesterday. today, i found the rest.

a 3ft fish. i wish i was making this up. it was apparently a snack... but it means fishing theres gonna be interesting...
    Last edited by default; 08-18-2011 at 15:28.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    most boats i saw were shallow type fishing boats, so yeah. id definitely warn about that.

the good news too about the boat situation, you can see the boat ramp and parking for trucks and trailers from where we hang.

i think i have some more videos, i just came back from day 2 out there (oh the sacrifices i make for you all to have a good time )
    its really cool that your putting in this much effort to get this thing going man! should be a great hang.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast