Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Ok guys, its official. September 30-2, santee state park. Bring your kids, kayak and hammock. Take a swim in lake marion, paddle to the cyprus swamp, cook fireside and have fresh running water. Fishing permits are $10 annually for locals, $11 for a week for out of state. Pics and videos to come, still out here!

Also, just to tease, the location is 10 yards from the beach and a boat ramp is very close.

Signup Sheet Link

Santee State Park (http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...-park/535.aspx)
    We are at the Group Camping Area (http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/co.../MapSantee.pdf)
    September 30 - October 2. Ill be getting there early Friday morning.

IMPORTANT!!! I have reserved a site for all 3 days with the little bit of cash I had. At this point, 10 people are paid for (8, minus myself and a friend) via the reservation. If we go over that, its like, $2-3 a person/day ($32.61 per 10 people for the 3 days.)

It would be a great help if people who are coming could help me out with $5/person to cover the site for all 3 days. $5 will cover 1 person for all 3 days. im not requiring it, but it would help cover the site already secured and getting another site. my paypal is [email protected], and if you would please send as a gift. once i come up with enough to get more sites ill do that (i wish i had enough to rent the entire area. would be almost 200 i think)

IF youre coming for sure, please let me know here and via PM so I can make sure everyone is good and has a "spot" I would appreciate anyone that can donate to cover campsite fees. Id like to reserve one more "site" to make sure we have a lot of options. After 8 commit to come, then we can move on with figuring out the rest which will require $5/person for the 3 days. We will be in the Boy Scout primitive area. The rangers there said there shouldnt be an issue with us spreading out, since we usually are where tents arent anyway.

So heres some interesting points:

* Right around the corner from the Sinkhole Pond hiking trail (real and very deep sinkholes
    * Pets and Kids welcome
    * Restrooms on site (real ones, not port-a-potties)
    * Beach within site on Lake Marion
    * Boat landing within site, as well as parking
    * Tap water and fire rings on site, as well as picnic tables
    * Fishing licenses are available on site, from the Tackle shop. $10 for Local for a year, $11 for out of state for a week. Striped bass in the lake!
    * Boat tours of the cypress swamps
    * Playgrounds in the park
    * Onsite tackle shop, with a nice little sitting area (in the main park area)
    Videos and pics to follow.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll put it on the calendar and keep my fingers crossed!
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    Ok guys, its official. September 30-2, santee state park. Bring your kids, kayak and hammock. Take a swim in lake marion, paddle to the cyprus swamp, cook fireside and have fresh running water. Fishing permits are $10 annually for locals, $11 for a week for out of state. Pics and videos to come, still out here!

Also, just to tease, the location is 10 yards from the beach and a boat ramp is very close.
    Probably best to start a new thread with location and date in the title. Lots of pics would be good too but isn't that always the case?
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Ok so that's an 1 for a Huntington coastal hang.

I'll put santee on my calendar and get my gear ready.

Are we going to do like a pot luck kind meal/s (everyone bring something for the meal) or fend for your self?
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I also like the idea of Huntington beach state park as I have never been there. Sounds ideal for one of those Low Frog Country Beaufort Boil Stews too! Although any location is an excellent location for that. I say pursue it and aim for maybe late March early April???
    Huntington Beach is Awesome. Trees nicely spaced and some very nice wide open spaces for the kids to run and play.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    OK guys, here is the official skinny on this

Santee State Park (http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...-park/535.aspx)
    We are at the Group Camping Area (http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/co.../MapSantee.pdf)
    September 30 - October 2. Ill be getting there early Friday morning.

IMPORTANT!!! I have reserved a site for all 3 days with the little bit of cash I had. At this point, 10 people are paid for (8, minus myself and a friend) via the reservation. If we go over that, its like, $2-3 a person/day ($32.61 per 10 people for the 3 days.)

It would be a great help if people who are coming could help me out with $5/person to cover the site for all 3 days. $5 will cover 1 person for all 3 days. im not requiring it, but it would help cover the site already secured and getting another site. my paypal is [email protected], and if you would please send as a gift. once i come up with enough to get more sites ill do that (i wish i had enough to rent the entire area. would be almost 200 i think)

IF youre coming for sure, please let me know here and via PM so I can make sure everyone is good and has a "spot" I would appreciate anyone that can donate to cover campsite fees. Id like to reserve one more "site" to make sure we have a lot of options. After 8 commit to come, then we can move on with figuring out the rest which will require $5/person for the 3 days. We will be in the Boy Scout primitive area. The rangers there said there shouldnt be an issue with us spreading out, since we usually are where tents arent anyway.

So heres some interesting points:

* Right around the corner from the Sinkhole Pond hiking trail (real and very deep sinkholes
    * Pets and Kids welcome
    * Restrooms on site (real ones, not port-a-potties)
    * Beach within site on Lake Marion
    * Boat landing within site, as well as parking
    * Tap water and fire rings on site, as well as picnic tables
    * Fishing licenses are available on site, from the Tackle shop. $10 for Local for a year, $11 for out of state for a week. Striped bass in the lake!
    * Boat tours of the cypress swamps
    * Playgrounds in the park
    * Onsite tackle shop, with a nice little sitting area (in the main park area)
    Videos and pics to follow.
    Last edited by default; 08-18-2011 at 00:23.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Videos, straight from the cell with no editing. Pictures coming, semi pro (not shot by me...haha)

In car Drive by of main area:

Campsite itself:

Beach:

Lake view from main area:

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Well done REV. Looks like a great area. Nice facilities and cost is great. I'll spread the word for you to a couple other hammockers that I know and get them to chime in if they are interested. Wish I could make this one but studying calls....
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    switchback, wbbb, clark ul
    Tarp
    oes standard/ultra
    Insulation
    jrb uq/ leighlo tq
    Suspension
    diy whoopiesling
    i would love to make this one , but i will be getting back from my california trip the weekend before and don't think i will be able to do it.
    after 2 weeks backpacking i may not be in the mood for more camping. maybe an overnighter.
    another place to think about for a future trip would be poinsett sp, lots of great hiking and camping.
    if i don't get to see you all, have a great trip and i will meet you all on the next one

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll try to find out when my son gets out of school tonight (starts back on Mon). I figure it'll probably be around 3 so we'd probably be up there around 6 by the time we get out the door. I've missed everything else this summer so I'm going to do my best to make this.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast