Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor
    Insulation
    Big Agnes System
    Images

Another soon to be Claytor Owner

I finally took the plunge and ordered my Jungle Hammock /w fly this Thursday. From what USAIR said it looks like around 2 weeks

I have a campout planned for next weekend so perhaps I will get lucky since it shipped out yesterday (3-27-08) I know it is wishful thinking for it to be here that soon.

If it doesn't make it in time I look forward to trying it in my aparment. I have two steel columns spaced 10-11 feet apart, will that be the right distance to hang in? I hope so.

I look forward to posting more once I receive my hammock, and joining in future Arkansas and surrounding state get togethers. Pictures of some spots I want to hang: http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...imageuser=1106
    Last edited by Knowledgeengine; 03-28-2008 at 17:18. Reason: added link to my pictures

Hammock
    Claytor JH
    Images
    I finally received my Claytor 2 days ago after 21 days of waiting. So please don't hold your breath waiting. But I'm sure you will love it I know I do mine and I haven't even been able to sleep in it yet. Now if I can figure out how to carry my blue pads I'll be set. Keep us up to date on your hammock.

I, too, just ordered a Clayton. Pui just emailed me yesterday that it'll be around 15 days to get it. I know that means overseas, but I still wish they were made in the USA. Oh well...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_ff View Post
    I finally received my Claytor 2 days ago after 21 days of waiting. So please don't hold your breath waiting. But I'm sure you will love it I know I do mine and I haven't even been able to sleep in it yet. Now if I can figure out how to carry my blue pads I'll be set. Keep us up to date on your hammock.
    I received mine 2 days ago 15 days after they told me it shipped. It is currently hanging in the back yard where I have played around with it today. I also took it on a day hike yesterday and set it up in the woods on a steep hill side. It is a really comfortable hammock ( a no net ). I am just using the suspension cords that came with it, as well as the suggested knots, though I have cinch buckles on one of my other hammocks. It works great, simple and fast to set up, with no slipping of knots and very little sag. The suspension webbing looks pretty minimal ( skinny ), but it seems to work more than good enough. I bet you will like it when you finally get it.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor
    Insulation
    Big Agnes System
    Images
    It's been 8 days since I got my email from Pui and I have been anxiously checking the mail daily and looking for any sticky notes from delivery companies. I can't wait for it to arrive.

My wife had to sign for mine...lucky she was home.
    I not sure what company delivered it...it was in a plastic bag.

Apparently due global warming all it does is rain here in Ky so I still haven't been able to try out my hammock

Fred

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor
    Insulation
    Big Agnes System
    Images

Rain

We've had some torrential storms here the last 3 weeks, but I feel pretty confident hammock camping when the weather is predicted to be bad. I just became umemployed on 4-3-08 so I hope to do some medium length thru hikes between jobs too. I think the delivery company the website said would be used was DHL.

• + New Posts