Integrated
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    'Biners & Rings
    Images

Hennessy Hyperlite & Te-Wa 'Breeze' UQ

Hi, fellow HH Hangers,

Just a quick post from Down-Under and a testimonial to the Te-Wa Breeze 'Summer' Under Quilt. I used this UQ for the first time on my new HH Hyperlite last weekend and I'm more than happy with the outcome. Contrary to a few posts I've read about UQ's not fitting Hennessy Hammocks real well, this one fit mine perfectly. I'm 79kg (174 lbs) and 5' 9". With a cut down mat (12"x12") stuffed into the bottom of my sleeping bag for my feet, I was totally insulated.

This UQ is sold as a summer item, but it's mid-winter here & although not the same extreme low temps you guys get in Nth America, I took this baby down to +5'C (+41'F) and I was toasty warm (Must be all the beer making our blood thin). No cold spots & No C.A.S. The UQ didn't slip down the hammock either, thanks to a very solid and sturdy 3 point fastening (x2 onto the ridge line at either end of the hammock, and x1 onto the zip side pull out).

It doesn't take long after you take the UQ out of it's stuff bag for it to loft up nicely. After I climbed inside my hammock I asked one of my fellow hikers to check the fit and he noted that there were no gaps at the legs or head/shoulders & that the sides were parallel and the loft hadn't flattened out under the heavy pressure points.

I spent five minutes adjusting the fit when I first attached the UQ, after that, I didn't need to touch it again until it was time to pack up.

I'm not sure I could ask much more of a USD$135 UQ. Here are some photos for reference....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I likes me 'Ammocks & me Stowves'........

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yea, I pretty much was really liking my Summer Breeze too. I had it made 6 inches shorter than a standard Breeze length. That brought down the total weight to 9.4 ounces. I've been impressed so far. It only got down to 55 degs. on the maiden hang with it but I'm sure it will go another 15 with no problem. I had it on a Wilderness Logics Night Owl and it fit like it was made to go. No gaps and no fiddle after I got it on and set. I'm very pleased.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Looking real nice mate, I think mine is running the same specs as your but pigs layer purchased it when they had different names so I'm not 100% sure. After missing the weekend hang and suffering some serious withdrawals, I had a backyard hang on sunday night. The te-wa held its own, I have added some extra insulation to my winter setup which included A cut down foam pad which I run under my feet and the remains of the windscreen insulation I had from my pot cost which I can slip under my back. The foam is used in the ohm and the Cody material weights nothin.... When is first got the setup I did a backyarder and it got down to 3.5 and I slept like a baby.
    Good call on going with the breeze, I think that unless you want to have a seperate summer and winter quilt set, we can get away in all but the worst of our winter..
    One last point that I'm not sure about.....? But when I made the call to go for the larger superfly tarp with the built in doors, I did so in a bid to reduce the air movement and in doing so increase the limits of a lighter uq... I think the theory worked....
    Again mate - that rig of your is looking great. I even like the edges being the different co our on yours, very nice.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Integrated
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    'Biners & Rings
    Images
    Yeah, cheers guys.

I'm really happy with where I'm at with this set up. Although, I've just ordered a Warbonnet Edge Tarp to replace my stock Hennessy Asym Tarp! It's practically the same weight as the stock item but affords a bit more protection from sideways wind/rain and only involves another x2 peg outs. I'll then be running a full Hennessy/Warbonnet/Te-wa Hybrid I Don't plan on messing with it much more after that.

That last trip at the weekend was my first over-nighter in my new Hennessy Hyperlite Zip and I would say it certainly seems even more comfortable than the bottom entry Hennessy Expedition I had before. It was easy to find the 'Sweet spot' and I didn't seem to be constantly pulling myself back up to find it again during the night (Not sure if that's down to the fact that the Hyperlite appears to be made of a type of Dyneema weave material and it's not as 'Slippery' as the nylon on the Expedition.

I did have concerns going into the weekend that the UQ would slip about underneath, or not match the A-Sym cut of the Hennessy. But it turns out that all is good. The UQ covered my torso and out around the sides with adequate to spare and my lower legs/feet were insulated well enough by the cut out mat. All Good.

I'm equally happy with my Titanium Cook/Stove set-up at the moment and I think I might have given the wife the impression that nothing else will be arriving in the post for a little while..............

Looking forward to another trip soon!

Smarteee
    I likes me 'Ammocks & me Stowves'........

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarteee View Post
    Yeah, cheers guys.

I'm really happy with where I'm at with this set up.

Smarteee
    i'll say! looks like a very light kit. thanks for the photos, they're good!
    happy hanging, mike

• + New Posts