Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    My momma always taught me to use an iron. When I made my one and only hammock (so far), I used an iron. Yeah, you have to experiment a little to get heat setting right. Start low and keep ramping up heat until it holds.

I've also have used a damp tea towel on more delicate materials but I have yet to do silnylon. I've only used polyester material as far as camping gear.

I like to use a thin smooth cotton tea towel as opposed to something that is more like a thicker bath towel. It's easier to use, less bulky.
    Yep, I've used a cloth napkin or something thin like that too. I guess I've got to go hijack the family iron down to my workshop. Anyone know where I can buy a heavy duty supercharged chrome and camo iron with flame decals on the sides?

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Yep, I've used a cloth napkin or something thin like that too. I guess I've got to go hijack the family iron down to my workshop. Anyone know where I can buy a heavy duty supercharged chrome and camo iron with flame decals on the sides?
    Get a European one. 220 volts can't be wrong.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12