Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    An elderly aunt from out east checked in with the family. Seems she was driving her car when shtf and she headed straight for her mechanic. "Something is just horribly wrong with this car. It felt like it was falling apart."
    She's right proud of having experienced a real live earthquake now. And quite relieved her car is O K.

Hammock
    DreamHammock!
    Tarp
    DDXL/OESUltra
    Suspension
    AWS!!
    ...Found out yesterday that my body instinctively chooses flight over fight....

Was in an OLD warehouse near a train track when it struck - have been there many times when a train passes - note the whistle first and barely notice anything after that...

Yesterday - no train whistle - lights and roof started shaking more than I've ever seen.....I had my hands full of work materials - took a bit to figure out where they all landed when I started running for the door...

Got outside to see a LOT of people had done the same thing.....

You can have your CA quakes and you call me "soft" all you want - If I never experience that again I wouldn't be disappointed...

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    My son works in NYC - he didn't feel anything on the 2nd Fl, but those on the 10th did...THAT must be freaky. Especially if you start thinking ab 9/11.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inabag View Post
    Work and live in Northern Virginia. Was at the office when it happened. Our entire building started shaking. It was pretty crazy. We were evacuated and ended up going home early. Traffic was nuts going home.
    Also live in NoVa here and work in DC. I was at lunch when it hit and we definitely felt it. There was no doubt what it was (once you ruled out terrorist attack and Metro explosion - yes our Metro is that bad that it's not beyond the realm of possibility). Was certainly enough to make you perk up your ears. I just went back and finished my lunch once it was over though not thinking it was that big of a deal. Until we saw everyone on the streets and figured we should probably check in with our offices and when we found out we could go home. As soon as they gave us the option I bolted and was lucky enough to get ahead of traffic and only took me about 15 min. longer to get home to NoVa than my normal commute.

I know the left-coasters are giving us s**t for freaking out, but
    a. Most people here have never been in an earthquake - they were probably just as startled when they had their first "larger" quake

b. Our buildings and infrastructure aren't built to withstand much more than a 3-3.5 given our fault lines.

c. Most of us were told to go home not because we were freaking out but because the structural engineers for our buildings had to confirm the structural soundness of them before they could let us back in (see point b.), which had us all just standing around in the street with nothing else to do BUT go home.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234