Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Sounds like we will have some great campfire conversations that Saturday evening.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    and this explains my current quandry. . . I grew up in Orlando as an FSU Fan, married my wife who is an FSU grad, she has family in Tally... hence my affiliation with FSU. I move to SC, attend USC for engineering but sooooo tired of hearing how much better the SEC is. Not that I can put up a valid arguement but I do try. Definitely ACC over SEC... BUT.... I just can bring myself to like Dabo. Maybe Mark Richt gets booted from UGA and Clemson can pick him up. Clemson gets a new coach, I can pull for the tiggers over my alma mater (which by the way I attended only because of my proximity to the school, not my school of choice).

Noles, ACC, anyone who beats the "DOGSNOT" out of those Gainesville lizards. . . thats my order of preference.

During this hang. . . . GT plays VT on the Thursday prior to the hang, Clemson plays Wake Forest, FSU plays Miami, and Carolina plays UF. Times have not been announced yet.
    yea and we are the team that likes to upset VT . I go to alot of clemson games but I just cant get over how they treat alot of the visiting teams. I like watching them play but I dont like getting nachos poured over my shoulder like last time haha. but I will pull for them from my couch . oh and yea we will have great conversations on this hang hahaha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    SEC all the way. I'm a die-hard South Carolina fan myself, and I'll be tailgating at the USC/UGA game tomorrow! I guess I'd cheer for GT and FSU whenever they play Clemson!

As far as the costal hang goes... That looks like a lot of fun too, but it's a bit of a drive for me. We will see.
    hey ill be cheering for you this weekend. I hateeeeeeeee UGA
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    hey ill be cheering for you this weekend. I hateeeeeeeee UGA
    Much appreciated. I hate 'em too! I work with a bunch of GT fans now, and they're all pulling for us this week too!

I move to SC, attend USC for engineering but sooooo tired of hearing how much better the SEC is. Not that I can put up a valid arguement but I do try. Definitely ACC over SEC
    What a coincidence. I too am a graduate from USC engineering (Chemical).

National championship wins and an average of at least 7 teams in the top 25 over the last FIVE YEARS are all I need to say. SEC > ACC. I will however pull for any ACC team that is playing against Clemson. I agree that Dabo isn't the greatest coach in the world.
    "The Road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can.
    Pursuing it with eager feet
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."
    ~Bilbo Baggins - LotR

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Much appreciated. I hate 'em too! I work with a bunch of GT fans now, and they're all pulling for us this week too!

What a coincidence. I too am a graduate from USC engineering (Chemical).

National championship wins and an average of at least 7 teams in the top 25 over the last FIVE YEARS are all I need to say. SEC > ACC.
    Will definitely be a GREAT fireside conversation . At least this time I have time to prepare for my rebuttle . . . .

I graduated from USC Civil Engineering. Looking to take the PE this coming October. Fingers crossed ! ! !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly & Monsoon
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock webbing
    and this explains my current quandry. . . I grew up in Orlando as an FSU Fan, married my wife who is an FSU grad, she has family in Tally... hence my affiliation with FSU. I move to SC, attend USC for engineering but sooooo tired of hearing how much better the SEC is. Not that I can put up a valid arguement but I do try. Definitely ACC over SEC... BUT.... I just can bring myself to like Dabo. Maybe Mark Richt gets booted from UGA and Clemson can pick him up. Clemson gets a new coach, I can pull for the tiggers over my alma mater (which by the way I attended only because of my proximity to the school, not my school of choice).

Noles, ACC, anyone who beats the "DOGSNOT" out of those Gainesville lizards. . . thats my order of preference.

During this hang. . . . GT plays VT on the Thursday prior to the hang, Clemson plays Wake Forest, FSU plays Miami, and Carolina plays UF. Times have not been announced yet.

Don't want Richt....he's another Bowden deciple. Had 2 of those already, don't need a third. I'm not going to count Dabo out yet because I like the off season moves he made, but he's a little bit of a cheerleader and counting himself, we have 3 wide receivers as coaches. It's hard to talk toughness from wide receivers. He's a good guy and a solid recruiter so he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't a guy that wanted him to start with (I wanted Patterson from TCU) but we got what we got so I hope he can succeed. If Dabo doens't succeed, it is time to break ranks from the Bowden tree of coaching.

Newton-it will be interesting to see how Paul Johnson rebounds this year. After last years showing and everyone doubting his coaching style, he's got something to prove. I say you can't count him out when he's been successful everywhere he's been even with lesser talent like at Navy.

FSU - haven't been overly impressed with Jimbo Fisher from and X's and O's standpoint but it doesn't look like it will matter the way he is raking in the talent to Tallahassee again. I think they'll be pretty good there again with all that talent, just not sure they'll be able to match the hype this year....maybe next though.

Yeah, I guess if we can all make a hang together, I'll have to pull one of my car flags and lash it to my hammock suspension.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    haha Im actually looking forward to going to burrells ford but mainly for the football talk . been there alot of times but never with so many different teams. and I will be the first to admit that GT isnt a powerhouse but there normally a solid team. I go to every home game and Im just a big fan but Im really pulling for anyone that plays UGA

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly & Monsoon
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock webbing
    yea and we are the team that likes to upset VT . I go to alot of clemson games but I just cant get over how they treat alot of the visiting teams. I like watching them play but I dont like getting nachos poured over my shoulder like last time haha. but I will pull for them from my couch . oh and yea we will have great conversations on this hang hahaha
    Wow, used to not be that way for visiting fans....Clemson used to be quite polite. (I guess when you suck for 20+ years you start to lose your cool) Usually expect a little jawing anywhere you go but fans are getting more and more rude each year, I'm sure ours are no exception. I usually notice a lot less from our fans than most other fan bases but theres always a jerk in every crowd.

I've received some mostly mild trash talk at FSU, GT, UNC, and Sakerlina (joking - for the gamecock bretheren) but nothing you don't expect. Now going to MD or NC State is a whole different ballgame. Expect stuff thrown at you at those venues and your wife to be called names. Totally uncalled for stuff. Now any night game is going to be worse so I stay away from those on the road for sure. Now that I have a 3 year old, I don't go to any away games any more....ok, maybe Wake Forest but we live right around the corner....but I stick to home games with my son otherwise. I'm just about to old for the smack talk, just not my thing, especially as I get older.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly & Monsoon
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock webbing
    and I will be the first to admit that GT isnt a powerhouse
    Yeah, but y'all used to be back in the day! One of the best there has ever been......with the coach y'all took from us no less. John Heisman. Of course y'all have had other significant reigns of terror.

At least Clemson's good teams were when I was in school. Made Saturday's that much more fun. Miss Danny Ford terribly and resent the administration that pushed him out due the fact that he had more power than they did. Oh well, I'll stop crying now....... ......lol

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Rag View Post
    Yeah, but y'all used to be back in the day! One of the best there has ever been......with the coach y'all took from us no less. John Heisman. Of course y'all have had other significant reigns of terror.

At least Clemson's good teams were when I was in school. Made Saturday's that much more fun. Miss Danny Ford terribly and resent the administration that pushed him out due the fact that he had more power than they did. Oh well, I'll stop crying now....... ......lol
    haha trust me man I love the prestige of GT . true fact : my great grandfather was the first captain of the georgia tech football team. and as much as we dont win we still have an exciting triple option sometimes. and this year we are actually throwing the ball!!! i know who would have thought haha. I believe we have the highest passer rating. but we all know that wont be the case for this coming week. Im just a big fan win or lose. love being in atlanta for the games. I wish the best for all ACC. we might not be as powerful of a conference but when we play its exciting

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast