Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    It was really good. Say hi to Connie and Daren. The conversation was awesome..
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Trip report: belated

The hike in to the hollow on Saturday was Nasty. So hot the little one missed all his naps but he was still quite the trooper. I'm sure it was every bit the 93' it was forecasted to be if not more. Rain hit fast and fiercly around 7 or 8 and put us in for the night. Next morning with the temp below 70 we packed up quick and headed for the hill. The rain chased us up and over all three Wilkerson hills (I lost track along the way so every peak became Wilkerson property). A weary wife, fussy baby and a storm at the rear saw us to the hill where the little man had a snack in rain while APrumm and I set up camp. One awesome tarp, two tents and a hammock later we had the Jetboils up and running. We then feasted on an assortment of backpacking meals thanks to Mr. Prumm. Soon after "lunch" the rain subsided and Mule, Big Earth and Co. strolled on into camp. Where after gear talk was had, friends were made and all the worlds problems were summarily solved. It was great meeting new folks and catching up with Mule. Night passed and we packed out first but a little later than hoped for Monday morning. For skinny people we sure are slow. It's fitting then, that we were kindly passed on the way out by Big Earth's Crew soon after our leisurely trail side snack (Momma and Baby gotta eat).
    This was a test run for some new gear, A chinook tarp and DIY ZAKBird hammock. The 12X9.5 tarp was well worth its weight. Well stitched and sealed with room to spare for the tenters (the word cheaptastic comes to mind). However, I'm Gonna have to work on speeding up the Ridgeline set up. The DIY ZAKbird was a great success. Nice and light and after some advice from Mule, 9 kinds of comfy. I'll post a dedicated thread once I have it finished. Thanks for reading and We'll see ya on the trail.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Awesome HMH you got to get a trip in with your family and met up with folk.Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like it was hotter there than what it has been here in Fl.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Good report, HomeMadeHiker. That hill has given me the best times. DeadReckon, Jake & Jiim, my sons, Girzz, Dave P, Gabe, StaPuft, AnimalControl, Ciint, and many, many others. This weekend was no different. Seems like the conversation is always stimulating when I camp up there with anyone!!!! One time a hanger and I never realized it till the next day that we had sat in our hammocks and talked (about everything from philosophy to the speed of light and everything between) for 11 hours if you count the evening and the morning.
    At the Hoosier Hang it's more difficult to have those kinds of conversations with so many there. That's a different kind of fun, but just as good. Great times!
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345