Does this look right?

My first HH felt different and this one appears to be symmetrical, ie foot boxes on left and right sides at both ends and it doesn’t lay as flat as the last one, same model.

Images
    are the tieout lines directly across from eachother or slightly offset? that will tell you

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    What model is is supposed to be? Where did you get it? The fabric weights vary by model.
    Last edited by DaleW; 09-04-2011 at 13:20.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    You'd have to back the camera up some for me to be sure (I need to see the tie-out points, rather than just the end), but that looks very similar to the end of mine past the tie-out.

If the tie-out isn't making a spot for your feet/head, then it's different than mine. Otherwise, that's exactly what the end of the hammock looks like on mine.

Could you post a photo of the inside, showing one of the tie-out points?

Ultra-lite explorer, from Hennessy

The Tie-outs are offset.

It just seems like its gathered wrong, to tight in the center and floppy on both sides.

It seemed like the last one I returned was gathered to create more slack on one side than the other.

I had to return it because the netting was sewed to the hammock on the zipper side in the middle, kinda hard to get in to…

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Heh. Yeah, I'll bet that created a bit of a problem on entry.

I also have the Explorer Ultralight Zip model, and that's exactly what mine looks like at the ends. I've not had a problem with any ridge issues in the center, except for when I hang it too tight. If I have the proper amount of slack (I use the Warbonnet trick of turning the ridgeline ninety degrees with my thumb and forefinger to test), I don't have any issues with the way it hangs.

Your mileage may vary, though.

Edit: However, it's worth hanging the foot end a little higher than the head end, in my experience. It makes for a flatter upper-body lay.

• + New Posts