Ok so this is my first DIY for the thread injector. Seriously have only sewed to pieces of bed sheets together and hey Im off to the races. Im naming this quilt HACK JOB. Here is what I did not that it is ground breaking.
Picked up this PL at the local CAMO COUNTRY store at $24.00.
Picked up 3 rolls of 1 1/2" grosgrain. I only needed 1 roll for the job so $3.49 per roll.
Picked up 60' of 1/8 shock cord for $9.00. I only needed about 18' so @ .15 a foot was total of $2.70.
Picked up a roll of extra loft quilt batting that was 45" x 60" @ $4.00.
I had some cord locks but I think a set of 4 is around $1.00 I used 8 so $2.00.
So total cost - less the broken needles and thread cause your better than that - $36.19
I slept under this thing last night directly under my vents and got pretty hot.
I know it will perform well for the summer / Fall. Cant wait to see how far down it will go.
Again HACK JOB is what it is. A cheap summer quilt that only looks good from across the room. Kind of like me. It was a fun project and I think I will make a TQ next from another PL.
So 3 pics. One flat and 2 others of the ends pulled closed.