Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe

Post Hennessy Supershelter

I did a search on the forum but couldn't find an answer to this question... so, forgive me if this is a redundant topic. Does anyone have any experience with the HHSS on both 'Classic' and 'Zip' models? My assumption is that the SS system would be a bit of a nightmare with a classic entry style hammock, but I thought I'd check with the experts.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dgpape View Post
    I did a search on the forum but couldn't find an answer to this question... so, forgive me if this is a redundant topic. Does anyone have any experience with the HHSS on both 'Classic' and 'Zip' models? My assumption is that the SS system would be a bit of a nightmare with a classic entry style hammock, but I thought I'd check with the experts.
    i have about 10 or more nights in my supershelter with a bottom entry. I have no problem with it at all. I crawl in and then turn around and slide the underpad under me then lay down and sometimes if someones walking around ill ask how snug it is on me but for the most part I get it right pretty easy. I havent tried the zip but it might be a little bit easier. but its pretty easy with the bottom entry too. hope this helped
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    It's designed to slip out of the way on a classic. Never tried it on a zip. Works on a bottom entry.

Images
    I do not have any experience with the zip models, but the super shelter works fine with the bottom entry. There is a slit in the undercover that lines up with the entry slit on the hammock. The pad just pushes to the side of the entry slit when getting in, or out, of the hammock.

Ragnall

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    It works just fine on either model.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    HH Explorer deluxe & WBBB 1.7SL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 0° Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies or ropes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yep, but as the Super Shelter is made for the bottom entry, with a zip one you'll have that big unaesthetic pointless slit in your undercover.
    I really like the system, but my inner design freak cringes about that detail, especially considering the amount of design research and well thought features on the HH…

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendule View Post
    Yep, but as the Super Shelter is made for the bottom entry, with a zip one you'll have that big unaesthetic pointless slit in your undercover.
    I really like the system, but my inner design freak cringes about that detail, especially considering the amount of design research and well thought features on the HH…
    So sew it shut. I expect Hennessy will come out with a solid one if he sees a demand. I wonder how well the side zip sales will compare to the bottom entry. One gauge may be whether or not there is a slitless super shelter. ;-)

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    My assumption is that the SS system would be a bit of a nightmare with a classic entry style hammock
    No problem. Thats what it was designed for!
    Last edited by easyriver; 09-01-2011 at 08:36. Reason: addition

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yep, I have used it on both, it matters not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendule View Post
    Well I guess it might matter as far as aesthetics, but I don't care as long as it works for me. I'm lucky that way!

Speaking of using it on various HHs, I've got a thread out there right now discussing a recent trip with me using my PeaPod and a friend borrowing one of my SSs for his HH. We were a bit worried if it would work as my SS was the large #2 model for the Explorers and DJ XL, but he had a bottom entry Expedition( supposed to use the #1 SS), which he liked and preferred to use. So the SS was way to big for that custom HHSS fit. He decided to go with it any way, never having used any thing other than a pad before. Good news is he was totally happy the entire trip, warm with lows 31-49, and no condensation issues. I heard him hinting to his Dad that this would make a good present for him in the future. He used the base pad, space blanket and UC. He did throw a jacket under the pad one night after I had told him of that trick. But he did not do that on the 1st night which was the coldest, and he was at minimum warm enough that 1st night.

Hammock
    HH Explorer deluxe & WBBB 1.7SL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 0° Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies or ropes
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    I wonder how well the side zip sales will compare to the bottom entry.
    I would say that given the amount of people here that have a classic one and make it mod with a zip, the statistics are distorted

But I would bet on the zip for the future…

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast